Is This Forum Starting To Get Catty?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Lately it seems that many of the post on this particular forum are getting a bit "catty" for lack of a better term. This does not seem to be the case in the other forums just the pitching one. This is not just my imagination is it?

Apr 13, 2013
I needed to look it up:

Deliberately hurtful in one's remarks; spiteful.

Just ignore a couple posters and things are fine.

Edit:

Amy mentioned this in a different thread and I wish everyone would ignore certain posters, it is easy to get sucked into the whole thing because other posters you do not want to ignore actually respond to them and it gets out of control pretty quickly sometimes.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2011
I think ya need to distinguish catty vs critical.

In my world there aint nothing wrong with being critical. Having a lovefest amongst "yes-men" in a group gets ya nowhere in life.

"Catty" is just baseless emotional verbal diarrhea . This world gives enough of that. Just watch tv, listen to a politician, etc....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_lomag8hwne1qazkdco1_500.gif

I'm going back to the Tech Hitting Forum where we all agree and get along.

May 25, 2010
I've noticed it, too. Previously, most of that sniping, back-and-forth 'stuff' was kept tightly contained in the hitting forums. People in the main forums have always had better manners. I'll admit that I was often quick to take shots at the crazy 8u TB parents, but now the general conversations are going well beyond that with people getting personal over little things, calling one another liars, etc.

To put it bluntly, DFP isn't as nice a place today as it was two years or even a year ago. There's still great information here, but the community isn't what it used to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32