Is This Forum Starting To Get Catty?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I think ya need to distinguish catty vs critical.

In my world there aint nothing wrong with being critical. Having a lovefest amongst "yes-men" in a group gets ya nowhere in life.

"Catty" is just baseless emotional verbal diarrhea . This world gives enough of that. Just watch tv, listen to a politician, etc....

Nobody said anything about your right to be critical there RubberBiscut.....the point is that you can be critical without being an a-- , to many people on here lately get all hot and bothered when someone may have a difference of opinion about something especially when it comes to pitching. We are all suppose to be adults with hopefully some form of rudimentary education...we should all be able to disagree with someone without falling into a pack mentality of wolves and attacking someone who may not agree with us. The latter is what seems to be going here more then the former.

Jan 25, 2011
Nobody said anything about your right to be critical there RubberBiscut.....the point is that you can be critical without being an a-- , to many people on here lately get all hot and bothered when someone may have a difference of opinion about something especially when it comes to pitching. We are all suppose to be adults with hopefully some form of rudimentary education...we should all be able to disagree with someone without falling into a pack mentality of wolves and attacking someone who may not agree with us. The latter is what seems to be going here more then the former.
I don't like you tone in your typing here, the whole(....) is un...called for. As far as the rudimentary education comment. I had to look up what that and now I feel less educated, like I was thrown to the wolves.:(

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I don't think individuals have changed, those who are prickly now, have always been prickly.

Rather, I think over the past year or two, this forum has become rather like-minded about certain aspects of the pitching motion that make sense. Recent postings by certain individuals, have substantially deviated from this philosophy and been overtly ridiculing at times. IMO this has initiated prickliness from all sides at levels that have spiked in the past two weeks or so (myself included:(). I am trying to just back it down and not contribute to it further - As I have learned so much from this forum, I would like to pay it forward to the newbies by keeping better control of my keyboard.

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
From a moderator's standpoint, the number of people participating in the forum has grown.

Every time someone new starts posting, we usually have to send them one or two posts to explain how we run things here.

The usual exchange is, "It is my God given right to post anything I want, you fascist dictator!" To which I respond, "You are right! I am a fascist dictator! If you were up at 2AM deleting spam, you would be a fascist dictator as well! So, play nice."

Some people get the message, and some never do. Then, it becomes a question of how long it goes before we delete their account.

Jan 25, 2011
From a moderator's standpoint, the number of people participating in the forum has grown.

Every time someone new starts posting, we usually have to send them one or two posts to explain how we run things here.

The usual exchange is, "It is my God given right to post anything I want, you fascist dictator!" To which I respond, "You are right! I am a fascist dictator! If you were up at 2AM deleting spam, you would be a fascist dictator as well! So, play nice."

Some people get the message, and some never do. Then, it becomes a question of how long it goes before we delete their account.

you have had to beat me down a few times:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafeli