International tie breaker scoring

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Gbucz

WNY native now in Charlotte, NC
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
If the runner on second scores in the tie breaker is it an earned run against the pitcher? :confused:

My thought is since she was placed on second the pitcher is not at fault and should not count as an earned run. Others either don't know or say an error must occur to make it an unearned run.

Jan 24, 2011
Texas
If the runner on second scores in the tie breaker is it an earned run against the pitcher? :confused:

My thought is since she was placed on second the pitcher is not at fault and should not count as an earned run. Others either don't know or say an error must occur to make it an unearned run.

I found this from NCAA, don't know if it's been modified or not however:

14.24.2 When a runner who began the inning on second base during the tiebreaker scores and the pitcher is held accountable for all bases gained, score the run as earned but charge it to the team total and not to the individual. (See Rule 14.30 for information on the tiebreaker rule.)

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
This tie rule breaks up perfect games...Thanks ISF and Mr. Don Porter and the rules committee. It's is all greed to get a game over to get another one in. The ISF WT is every 2 years now. 16 countries, 2 pools of 8 teams, each team plays 7 pool games. Only 4-5 teams are competitive. No if game in the bracket finals...Clock for pitcher to speed up game...Not what softball was meant to be. ISF pitching rule is still two feet on, but leaping with both feet off the ground and replanting is legal for both females and males. Can't leap and pause the arm circle unless hands are separated. No hiding the ball in glove during the long leap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12