inside out hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

MendozaBusta

!%$^&@#*^
Sep 24, 2009
not for nuthin but I would start with a tee and place it outside and deep in the zone.

Why would someone want to do that? Isn't inside/out hitting the inside pitch the other way? Doesn't make sense to me, but someone else agreed with you. Why?

May 12, 2008
Inside out is a cue that means whatever you think it means. Setting the tee deep outer half and going to work is never a bad idea.

Jun 6, 2009
Inside out is a cue that means whatever you think it means. Setting the tee deep outer half and going to work is never a bad idea.

And remember, the ox is slow but the earth is patient. :) Sorry Mark, I was weak.

Seriously though, I agree with the tee work.

Apr 20, 2009
Philippines
Practice with a tee and remember that spot. Then you can hire a pitcher who can pitch at that spot and practice with her/him..Ask to pitch in varying position for you to practice different location

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Inside out hitting to me has to do with the path of the bat and the hands. A lot of players as they are learning to hit cast thier hands out early and swing around the ball constantly pulling everything. Inside out for us means more of a connected load "in" with shoulders and hip vs. taking the hands straight back. Watch a video on a lot of good college players from straight on and your see the back elbow start to peak out from their back as they load. The set up for a nice inside out swing.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
This reminds me of a story. Michael Bastian had all the girls on the Chinese National team carry 1/2 of a softball, marked you must hit the inside of the ball. When he worked with my dd on slapping I made a softball like this and she has it hanging of her bag as a reminder. Since I like to try things. I was able to put it on a T and had my dd hit it. You can hit a very good line drive only hitting 1/2 a softball. The swing that doesn't hit the inside part of the ball, looks like a wounded duck as it flys off the T. Many ways to practice this. The two T drill , when you line up two T's and practice hitting the ball thru the ball on the second T. That will teach you to hit the ball correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish