inside out hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
This reminds me of a story. Michael Bastian had all the girls on the Chinese National team carry 1/2 of a softball, marked you must hit the inside of the ball. When he worked with my dd on slapping I made a softball like this and she has it hanging of her bag as a reminder. Since I like to try things. I was able to put it on a T and had my dd hit it. You can hit a very good line drive only hitting 1/2 a softball. The swing that doesn't hit the inside part of the ball, looks like a wounded duck as it flys off the T. Many ways to practice this. The two T drill , when you line up two T's and practice hitting the ball thru the ball on the second T. That will teach you to hit the ball correctly.

Discouraging early uncocking of the wrists and casting like this is fine but balls do get hit to left field. Can't do that hitting the inside half/the half facing 3B. No doubt you understand this-speaking to some of those who don't post.

May 12, 2008
Even at that definition, it's still a cue. But thanks for defining your term. Don't squish the bug pretty much means close to the same thing for most people, but it's still a cue. Doesn't mean either one is bad. Any given cue can be golden any given day with any given student.

MendozaBusta

!%$^&@#*^
Sep 24, 2009
Even at that definition, it's still a cue. But thanks for defining your term. Don't squish the bug pretty much means close to the same thing for most people, but it's still a cue. Doesn't mean either one is bad. Any given cue can be golden any given day with any given student.

Well "squish the bug" or "squash the grape" is certainly a cue. If you want to call Inside/Out a cue more power to you, but it has a generally accepted meaning. We can call everything a cue at that point. And so i'm still trying to figure out how putting the ball on the tee deep and away is going to help anyone learn to take a pitch inside and go the other way with it.

May 12, 2008
Well "squish the bug" or "squash the grape" is certainly a cue. If you want to call Inside/Out a cue more power to you, but it has a generally accepted meaning. We can call everything a cue at that point.

Pretty much all the verbiage used about hitting, yeah.

And so i'm still trying to figure out how putting the ball on the tee deep and away is going to help anyone learn to take a pitch inside and go the other way with it.

I don't care at all about taking an inside pitch the other way.

MendozaBusta

!%$^&@#*^
Sep 24, 2009
Pretty much all the verbiage used about hitting, yeah.

I don't care at all about taking an inside pitch the other way.

Ok.. I think I understand where your coming from with the verbiage and definitions.

But using a certain set of mechanics to take a pitch middle in the other way has it's uses.. i.e. hitting behind runners for the right hander. There is a use for it.

May 12, 2008
Ok.. I think I understand where your coming from with the verbiage and definitions.

But using a certain set of mechanics to take a pitch middle in the other way has it's uses.. i.e. hitting behind runners for the right hander. There is a use for it.

You're right. I just have an inordinate fetish for hitting the ball hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet