Just hitting an inside pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

Impossible to do if committing to a vertical barrel path.

UacpEgw.gif

QYfOjjX.gif

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ummm, Let me say this he isn’t doing what some say is rotational. Where the spine is the axis and both legs are used to rotate (Jack Mankin).
Shawn, aren't your two options linear and rotational? Are you suggesting that this is linear? Of course, I believe that there is a mix but that is not what was agreed to back in the day.

Jun 8, 2016
Shawn, aren't your two options linear and rotational? Are you suggesting that this is linear? Of course, I believe that there is a mix but that is not what was agreed to back in the day.
He is suggesting different rotational axes..

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
That is just one swing. I don’t believe in linear, I believe in stretch. He might look linear.

This swing isn’t two legged, spine is an axis with a pole driven into the ground and you turn around that axis while using both legs to turn the body. What many have called rotational and weight shift plays no part (Jack Mankin rotational).

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That is just one swing. I don’t believe in linear, I believe in stretch. He might look linear.

This swing isn’t two legged, spine is an axis with a pole driven into the ground and you turn around that axis while using both legs to turn the body. What many have called rotational and weight shift plays no part (Jack Mankin rotational).

I dunno Shawn. The Barry stick guy looks that way. And the bat tends to follow wherever the spine is tilting to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA