Injured Player Activities During Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2008
Does anyone have a workout or activity that injured players can do while at the field during practice? I need one for upper body injuries and another for lower body injuries.

Too much sitting, talking & distracting when more than one player is injured.

Thanks,

Mike

Happy Valley High

coach_dorsey@yahoo.com

Jul 26, 2010
It all depends on the injury. Obviously they can often help shag balls and assist in setup, but this is really "busywork" and isn't going to help them.

Have them take detailed notes on each drill, copy the notes, and return a copy to you to check. This will force them to pay attention, listen to what is being instructed, and analyze it. This will help them in school as much as it will with softball. The notes may even be useful to you, as you can read the perception of what you are teaching and improve your instruction accordingly.

If no instruction is being given, the girls must analyze the drills and take notes from there on the proper form and mechanics and compare and contrast this with the mechanics of the players actually performing the drills.

-W

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I agree -it all depends on the injury.
Hitting and throwing can be done from one-knee. one arm swings can be incorporated if it's the other arm that's injured.
my DD has a concussion and I haven't been able to find anything that she can do. (unofficially, she and I have worked on swinging a bat a bit, it's been 5 weeks so far).

taking notes sounds good. split 'em up while doing this. they could critique the drill if they see a problem. my DD sometimes sees problems that I don't because I've been doing the same thing for years. Also, I know some of the drills they do may encourage bad technique-which would be great to have pointed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad