I will never complain about TB costs again.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
My DD's friendboy ( I just can't say boyfriend ) got asked to join an elite baseball travel program. He and his parents went to the meeting and evaluations Tuesday night. After asking him a few normal questions I asked how much are the team dues. He laughed and said $25,000!! ( this is not a typo, and is for each player ) I was floored.

DD's travel was always about $500, plus fundraiser's and a few local sponsors. Our local Gold teams are about $1500-2500 per player.

I'm hoping that the $25,000 is all inclusive. Meaning it already includes hotels, meals, air fares, buses, etc.

Anyone have a similar story for extremely high dues at the higher fastpitch TB levels??

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Sounds like a small price to pay for the million dollar signing bonus he is going to get when he's drafted!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sounds like a small price to pay for the million dollar signing bonus he is going to get when he's drafted!

He's just a junior in HS, good player, but IDK about the draft part yet.

To be honest I'm really pushing for him, let's look at this from a fathers view.

$25,000 of his parents money.
3 summer months of daily practice.
3 summer months of playing all over the country away from my DD.

Sounds like a great investment to me!!!!! :)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
We play $280 for our Rec. League, actually a level “B” travel team that does not travel, spend @$100 a month on instruction. I know we can not afford 25K for softball.

Just because parents have some money does not mean their player will be good, would love to play this Team.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
So if it is 15 players for 3 months, the team collects $375,000 in player fees? Man I'm in the wrong line of work.

By the website it looks like 17 players from last year. So that's $425,000.

Looks like they have sent 325 players to college, and 52 on to play professional baseball.

If I had $25,000 to throw around, it would be on a new ski boat...........and really enjoy my summer!!!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I think my DW would file for divorce if I told her we were dropping $25K on a summer of TB (BB or FP). I think I'd rather sepnd a really nice month in Hawaii (or somewhere else) with the whole family.

But hey, to each his own, if that's what they want to do with their money more power to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad