Should I have done that?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I was not trying to be literal, but more figurative in my example. So I'll change it slightly. You're traveling to a destination in another town. You've had a dental emergency while on the road after checking into a motel for the evening. The only person you "know" is the motel desk clerk. Now try and find a dentist.

The point is some parents do not know where to start. It's easy to make assumptions after you've been down the path and have been lucky enough to be pointed in the right direction early. Not all are as fortunate many of us here on DFP and we can forget that. How many times has a new poster come on here saying how glad they were to have found this site with virtually an unlimited amount of knowledge, advice and experience available to them.

Easy, I'd fire up the internet, log into DFP, and seek expert advice in the Theological Hitting forum.

PS Your point is valid. I myself had no idea that the world of travel softball existed until my DD was 14!

Mar 21, 2013
Been there done that. Sometimes when you have been somewhere for a while things can become stagnant, and you begin to wonder (or second guess) if you are in the right place for you or not. Some instructors are great getting people started, but do not possess the fine tuning skills to get you to the next level whatever that may be and vice versa. Success comes with confidence, and if you are not 100% sure in your own mind that you are in the right place your confidence starts to wane and eventually your production will suffer.

That being said sometimes the only way to find out if you are in the right place is to try something else. Once you try that "new" place you find out if it works for you or not. If it works you stay with a new found confidence that helps you excel, and if not you return to where you came from with a new found confidence that can really help you excel. It doesn't matter what others say, you have to be 100% confident in your own mind that you are in the right place. Pro athletes do it all the time and they are the best in the world.

Bottom line is that if she returns look at it as a compliment. She shouldn't need to tell you how good you are, kiss butt and stroke the ego. She has done all of that by coming back don't you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG