I wanted to know what you guys think o asa vs babe ruth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Fast pitch softball. What you like about each side and something you don't like about each side. I know there similar so it may be hard to figure out.

For me the asa i seen they seem to be way to easy on younger kids learning (which is ok) like 10u there no infield fly (which does not happen very much anyways) some of the time limits i don't like and some are perfect.

In babe ruth we are playing under babe ruth rules for 10u now. which i think it matter on local leagues last year. I hope i got my game tommorw it bite if i don't it suppose to be rain off and off for the next few days.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Hard to answer this question as you are dealing with two national organizations in the rule making world, but you are playing in your local associations. Local associations are free to add and/or change rules as they see fit..the biggest examples are time limits, batting the roster, mandatory playing time, etc....the only time the rule book is strictly followed, at least for ASA is in Championship play...any tournament that qualifies a team to advance to a National Championship.

Mar 8, 2012
Boundaries kill me in Babe Ruth. Our district is a series of small towns, so no one has a full league of their own. The boundary rules consistently drive me crazy. A kid goes to school in my city, parents work in my city, but because of an imaginary line she has to play sb 45 minutes in the other direction of their home? Plus since each league is so small, if a kids has problem with a coach they have no recourse as that coach is properly the only one in that "league" for your age group.

Otherwise I'm ok with BR as an organization... local politics that's another story.

Sadly no experience with ASA/USSSA/NSA for rec leagues. We will be looking around after the spring season is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom