I said I was back! Its the new Friday Check in!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Brianna Cox Memorial Tournament this weekend. One of the largest tournaments held in South Florida every year and for a fantastic cause.

Briana Marie Cox Foundation | Fastpitch Softball

Briana Cox unfortunately passed away in a car accident coming back from a softball tournament in 2006. Her family established a foundation in 2008 to:
"Specifically, we assist those dealing with the loss of a loved one by sponsoring group counseling, providing money for funeral and related expenses, and awarding of college scholarships to deserving high school seniors who demonstrate perseverance after the loss of a parent or sibling."

Since establishment they have awarded close to $120,000 through funds raised through their fastpitch tournament, their slow-pitch adult tournament and their golf event.
If you wish to donate or just learn more about this foundation, you can visit their site here: Briana Marie Cox Foundation | Donate

Sep 18, 2011
We moved. And a heads up to my fellow DFPers, if the day of a big move happens to coincide with the WCWS, and your spouse is going crazy opening boxes, cleaning, etc., you will not endear yourself to the DW (or DH) by giving up on the unpacking madness, grabbing a beer, and watching softball on t.v. You might open yourself up to sarcastic comments like, "I wish I had time to watch softball but I'm trying to get the house organized!" Anyway, we should be completely unpacked my mid June. Of 2016.

And in softball news, DD is en route to her team's FIRST practice of the season. School ball is over for all but one of her teammates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild