HR balls-At what point do you stop caring?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We don't have many though dd hit a few. We have special ones including her 50th. I believe I related the story that some parents from the U. of Indy were so thoughtful to run and get my dd's 50th HR and bring it to us. In doing so, they told us that they knew it was her 50th. I think any of this stuff is cool. I wish we had kept more.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
DD, 16, has hit about 12, and has 10 of the balls. They were displayed in her room until today. She wanted to redecorate, and the balls were boxed up and put away.

I might miss them more than she does. She hit two HR this summer in Colorado and didn't get the balls. I was disappointed. Maybe that's silly of me, but then again, you can't say I didn't enjoy the moment or savor the memories. Another couple of years of traveling around with her and softball and it will be over. I can remember all 12 HR. Good times.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Is she taking lessons from Renada Davis? :) Renada used to mentor DD's TB team when Renada was in High School.

Nope. She's had me for a hitting coach since she was 5 and has another HC who is a very successful HS coach in our area that, like me, also teaches the elite/high level swing. Between the two of us, we catch the flaws that the other may miss seeing. Plus we're lucky enough to have Bill Hillhouse pitch her BP during the Winter months once a week since we live 45 minutes away from where he gives pitching lessons. I think these reasons along with her work ethic have put her where she is now.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
DD's first came in a play day game. Problem is she hit it in the deep trees and no one went to grab it. I can't leave the field while coaching to be dad and go grab it either. My DD's reaction was priceless, dad it's cool it's only a scrimmage i'll just hit one in a game where there aren't any woods. Hoping one comes as a Freshman and hopefully it's at the Varsity level.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD's first came in a play day game. Problem is she hit it in the deep trees and no one went to grab it. I can't leave the field while coaching to be dad and go grab it either. My DD's reaction was priceless, dad it's cool it's only a scrimmage i'll just hit one in a game where there aren't any woods. Hoping one comes as a Freshman and hopefully it's at the Varsity level.

That first one in a game is the BEST! DD hit hers when she was 13 playing in a big 14U tournament - I was an assistant coach so I was in the dugout and couldn't go get it. The little sister and Dad of one of her teammates ran it down for us-sits in a glass case in our living room. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414