HOW do you Teach TILT!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 6, 2011
Those that coach against the elbow leading the hand are coaching to prevent the wrong symptom and do not understand how the "throwing"-arm acts to create "lag" to set up whip-effect.

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Throw the barrel into the line of the pitch. You can't throw anything with any velocity without the elbow getting in front of the hand at some point.

The elbow leads the hand holding the bullwhip and the hand leads the bullwhip etc.

Oct 12, 2009
sooooo....you like the drill (or in oleary speak "this isn't a terrible drill" - this way you can keep your distance from committing), but it is a standard straw man argument....for me to say that you believe it will help....

that player is trying to do exactly what you say will improve the swing...hold the hinge angle, connect the hands to the rear shoulder and rotate until the barrel flies around to contact.....

I've never seen the drill before, so it's hard to render a verdict on it.

It's also presumptuous of you to assume that I like it when I haven't seen it before.

Oct 6, 2011
Throw the barrel into the line of the pitch. You can't throw anything with any velocity without the elbow getting in front of the hand at some point.

The elbow leads the hand holding the bullwhip and the hand leads the bullwhip etc.

BINGO again...just keep the barrel "stacked" over the hands as the elbow slots...

Oct 25, 2009
Do you understand him? If I am wrong - then I apologize....but the statement below makes sense? It is truely tiring to read his stuff on different boards always pointing out how everyone else is wrong with no actual committment to anything he believes in....constantly being caught in contradictory statements as he plows on oblivious....

Whether anyone is wrong or right gets overshadowed when personal attacks are made.

Everyone can learn something when it's discussed enough. It's alright not to agree. Everyone will decide for themselves what does or doesn't work. I just saw an awful swing by one of the Tigers put one over the fence. Not Cabrera's.

Oct 12, 2009
Those that coach against the elbow leading the hand are coaching to prevent the wrong symptom and do not understand how the "throwing"-arm acts to create "lag" to set up whip-effect.

At what point in your video does the elbow lead the hands?

I ask because I don't see this in the swings of Youkilis or Cabrera. Instead, their back elbows stay well behind their hands.

Oct 6, 2011
At what point in your video does the elbow lead the hands?

I ask because I don't see this in the swings of Youkilis or Cabrera. Instead, their back elbows stay well behind their hands.

Again--you are worried about some pre-set notion of "form" over function...

me from above:Those that coach against the elbow leading the hand are coaching to prevent the wrong symptom and do not understand how the "throwing"-arm acts to create "lag" to set up whip-effect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55