Hotels

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Same as above, I have to say that I hate the fact that some tournaments have booking companies that kill you with their rates. We're paying almost $200 a night for the Colorado IDT. That's on top of airfare at $400 pp. Almost $2.5K just in hotel and airfare and then you have to eat.

I guess we got lucky paying 158 for Boulder but the hotel, rental car and flights are what make this cost so much. I figure a trip to CO and CA will cost me about 4-4.5k.

Apr 26, 2015
I guess we got lucky paying 158 for Boulder but the hotel, rental car and flights are what make this cost so much. I figure a trip to CO and CA will cost me about 4-4.5k.

You might want to consider taking a shuttle to the hotel and renting a car from a location other than the airport...we live here, but our friends who are coming for the Sparkler were able to save $300 off their rental by picking up their car in Boulder instead of at the airport.

Nov 18, 2013
- For 14U down, you want a pool., Older teams for whatever reason seem to stop going to the pool, but younger teams are always out there.

Great list! Re: Pools and older girls many teams don't allow players to use the pool. The thinking being to conserve energy for the games. Most of the time I doubt it would make a difference, but if you wind up playing 4-5 games in a day it makes sense.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
You might want to consider taking a shuttle to the hotel and renting a car from a location other than the airport...we live here, but our friends who are coming for the Sparkler were able to save $300 off their rental by picking up their car in Boulder instead of at the airport.

No kidding...our rental car cost about $350 for the week (reasonable) but they tacked on an additional $150 in taxes and fees. Colorado is nuts.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I used my brothers truck last year so I had no idea how much the rentals where. I'd use it again but I put about 1200 miles on it and felt bad about that. I think I ran up over 100 dollars in tolls running back and forth.

Apr 26, 2015
E470 and Northwest Parkway tolls are ridiculous! There are alot of better (cheaper) ways to get around that don't take much more time.

I think rental car fees at DIA are absurd too - but at offsite rental locations you can get quite the deal! We rented a car to go out of state a couple months ago and I swear it was cheaper than the gas I would have put in my old Suburban.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors