HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I believe so. I think TTB coupled w tilt into the back hip is how they define it. Correct me if I’m wrong any HLPers. What is your definition or your thoughts of how to get behind the ball?
To me getting behind the ball is a product of barrel path. Ted William's book comes to mind.

Oct 2, 2017
Not sure what you mean? HLMP creates depth or lags the launch til further out front. I don’t think HLP does that. It’s all at once right? Deep only correct?

Edit: depth is relative to timing for HLMP. Depth is relative to the body for HLP.
How do you define lags launch?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No argument here. This was the purpose of TTB from the very beginning.

I think what is lost in translation is that it’s done w the body through timing not the hands or barrel path. Wherever the hips go the hands/barrel follow. That’s why it’s easier to elevate higher pitches vs lower pitches. Just as it’s easier to stay behind lower pitches vs higher pitches.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think what is lost in translation is that it’s done w the body through timing not the hands or barrel path. Wherever the hips go the hands/barrel follow. That’s why it’s easier to elevate higher pitches vs lower pitches. Just as it’s easier to stay behind lower pitches vs higher pitches.
A friend of mine often says "hit the ball with your rear hip". My interpretation of that comment is "wherever the hips go the hands/barrel follow.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
A friend of mine often says "hit the ball with your rear hip". My interpretation of that comment is "wherever the hips go the hands/barrel follow.

It’s not through rotation. It’s vertical. Through stretch/contraction/extension of the middle. I do like the back knee to tilt the back hip. Like I said before the hips don’t move themselves.

1653849296103.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles