HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only way to hit the ball w the back hip is to rotate it. Correct?
Do you consider Albert's check swing to be rotation? I don't...

01bOEwL.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I do like the back hip tilting via the back knee. But I don’t think that’s an initial turn of the back hip. The turn of the back hip is the obliques pulling up while the knee pulls down. The front knee does the same; pushes the hip back while the obliques pull it up moving them both
Into extension.

So you could see why I think ‘hit the ball w your back hip’ or ‘leg snap’ is rotation @FP26?

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I do like the back hip tilting via the back knee. But I don’t think that’s an initial turn of the back hip. The turn of the back hip is the obliques pulling up while the knee pulls down. The front knee does the same; pushes the hip back while the obliques pull it up moving them both
Into extension.

So you could see why I think ‘hit the ball w your back hip’ or ‘leg snap’ is rotation @FP26?
Just a different interpretation. Similar to how people see "swing down" through different lenses.

FYI... Leg snap is not my phrase. If others like that description that is their prerogative. Different people respond to different words.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Every hitter has there own tempo/flow of movements... When looking at video pay attention to how the weight shifts/flows within the body. Some are easier to see than others but work on up front actions that allows for the flow to happen naturally when attempting to match video.

OnT5Opq.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles