HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess all I am getting at is the stretch (obliques/core) is still occurring after the COM has shifted forward. This is the time the hitter becomes weightless while the rear leg/hip relationship is still in place.

B7lvQZi.gif
Just trying to follow along. Who is saying otherwise? and what are they saying that is different?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Another difference between patterns..

The Trout video above shows how tilt is created for the HLMP. Derosa speaks of being tight and having gator arms. Which is due to the core pull/turn at foot down. That’s where the swing is launched and remains throughout(s plane).

Depth created by timing. As opposed to depth created w the body via tilting back into the hip to create depth. Aka ‘getting behind the ball’. It should be natural.

1653758384558.gif

The torso will be at different angles laterally to adjust to the depth needed. Which is determined by the front leg/foot timing. A shorter stride helps create a steeper approach. A longer stride helps create a shallower approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
contraction. Stretch. Contraction. Coincides w forward move. Front foot down. Launch. Very late ‘meaningful coil’.

1653759715723.gif

Edit: hip line up. Hip line down. Hip line up again. Will determine launch angle due to its timing. Hands down towards the hip lines timing/contraction to get on plane w the pitch.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Another difference between patterns..

The Trout video above shows how tilt is created for the HLMP. Derosa speaks of being tight and having gator arms. Which is due to the core pull/turn at foot down. That’s where the swing is launched and remains throughout(s plane).

Depth created by timing. As opposed to depth created w the body via tilting back into the hip to create depth. Aka ‘getting behind the ball’. It should be natural.

View attachment 25739

The torso will be at different angles laterally to adjust to the depth needed. Which is determined by the front leg/foot timing. A shorter stride helps create a steeper approach. A longer stride helps create a shallower approach.
That isnt how I would define "getting behind the ball". Is that actually what HLP supporters claim?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That isnt how I would define "getting behind the ball". Is that actually what HLP supporters claim?

I believe so. I think TTB coupled w tilt into the back hip is how they define it. Correct me if I’m wrong any HLPers. What is your definition or your thoughts of how to get behind the ball?

Oct 2, 2017
I believe so. I think TTB coupled w tilt into the back hip is how they define it. Correct me if I’m wrong any HLPers. What is your definition or your thoughts of how to get behind the ball?
Also with timing. Why, would get rid of creating depth with timing in HLP as well?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Also with timing. Why, would get rid of creating depth with timing in HLP as well?

Not sure what you mean? HLMP creates depth or lags the launch til further out front. I don’t think HLP does that. It’s all at once right? Deep only correct?

Edit: depth is relative to timing for HLMP. Depth is relative to the body for HLP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid