Hitting two handed fly balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2020
I have to confess that I'm a one-armed fly ball hitter. Whenever I try to hit two handed fly balls to players like the rest of the grownups, I invariably hit a sinking liner. Is there a trick to it?

Jul 22, 2015
Higher toss and a little more out in front of you. High follow-through on the swing. Don't concentrate so hard on swinging up on the ball.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Haha, counter to proper hitting, I like to have the ball higher and out front... Throw in a total roll over of the wrists and boom, perfect fly balls. Mostly just practice.

And only mostly joking, ditch the one handed fungo.. There's only so many things coaches can judge other coaches on, fungo skills being the most important!

Once you come up against another team that hits perfect fungo and then a perfect pop up to the catcher, you know you're in trouble!

Jun 8, 2016
After this you can perfect popups to the catcher and call yourself a master “fungoer”..😉

Jun 20, 2015
there was a meme floating around awhile ago, in summary, "show me a team who's coach hit grounders 1 handed, and I'll show you a team that loses games". LOL

It's all in the toss and reps. Also, if right handed, learn to hold bat in left hand entire time and toss righty. 1-2000 reps and you'll get pretty good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA