Hitting out front

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The deflection of the bat bouncing backwards is nothing because the balls already gone and the bats already transferred its energy
Right, the frequency of the bending modes excited are much too low whereas with the trampoline effect the excited hoop modes have much higher frequencies.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
All other things being equal. Don’t have facts or studies. But the better one can brace for impact the better the trampoline effect. Throw a ball against a brick wall and some drywall. Just stirring the pot. 🙂

Jun 8, 2016
All other things being equal. Don’t have facts or studies. But the better one can brace for impact the better the trampoline effect. Throw a ball against a brick wall and some drywall. Just stirring the pot. 🙂
Nope. The difference in the hoop mode frequencies between a tight grip and a bat which is not gripped at all is negligible. Your example is not a trampoline effect..not sure you want to stir the pot with me in this area.. ;)

May 23, 2015
The brick wall has significantly more mass. You're proving the point. Your collision scenario is between the wall and ball. Not the ground holding the wall

Jun 8, 2016
:eek: :eek: :eek: Just imagined an entire ball team made up of scientists.
MIT has pretty good baseball and softball teams (for D3 at least). The baseball team had a kid who actually got drafted pretty high a few years ago.. ;)

May 23, 2015
:eek: :eek: :eek: Just imagined an entire ball team made up of scientists.
It happens.

My grandfather and father played pro ball. My younger years I was in awe hearing my heros talk about how far homeruns were and how a pitchers fastball had another gear. Pitches starting at the waist and crossing letter high. As I grew older it was fun calling BS and listening to them argue with me

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Nope. The difference in the hoop mode frequencies between a tight grip and a bat which is not gripped at all is negligible. Your example is not a trampoline effect..not sure you want to stir the pot with me in this area.. ;)

lol. The fact is the ball will repel farther and faster if there is more mass. stronger matters. I think this is about anatomy really. Stir stir stir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877