Hitting lessons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Twins start hitting lessons this Friday. What, if anything should I expect from them? I am results driven, but practical and manage my expectations well.

Thoughts?

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
Twins start hitting lessons this Friday. What, if anything should I expect from them? I am results driven, but practical and manage my expectations well.

Thoughts?

The instructor should make the lesson easy to understand and fun. If those two things happen, the results will depend on if the instructor actually knows what he/she is talking about and if the players work on the adjustments on the days between lessons..

moe

Aug 14, 2013
12yo's. Friday night is video day...baseline swing. Will post for sure. This is front yard baseline i took of one twin...I like second swing a bit better. Thoughts?

[video=youtube_share;HphN0WLZRL0]http://youtu.be/HphN0WLZRL0[/video]

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
You say you are results oriented, which I understand. But in the short term, the player might hit worse, depending on what is being fixed. Couple of years ago, my daughter started a new season 4-for-30 when working on using her hips better. She hit .350 the rest of the way.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Actually that does make sense. I'll cross my fingers that they don't get discouraged and keep at it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Prepare them to be ready for a decrease in consistency as they reprogram their swing movements. Once they start fully adopting some of the major movement adjustments into their swing, they will be rewarded with more consistency and more power. Once of the very best things they can do is practice, practice, practice between lessons and try to have the previous lesson mastered (or at least well on it's way) before the next session with the hitting coach.

Based on the video you posted, there are some significant changes that will be coming.

Good luck and keep us up to date on their progress. :)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
12yo's. Friday night is video day...baseline swing. Will post for sure. This is front yard baseline i took of one twin...I like second swing a bit better. Thoughts?

[video=youtube_share;HphN0WLZRL0]http://youtu.be/HphN0WLZRL0[/video]

Thoughts?

The second swing that you like doesn't even hit the ball ... a ball that is on a tee and is stationary. It isn't like she slipped or anything ... more like mechanics that have no room to go but up. But the reality is that the 2nd swing does have some improvements over the 1st swing.

I applaud you in for having your daughters see a hitting instructor. What you should expect is progress and a roadmap to get the ladies further ahead. Wish them both an enjoyable experience .... and again, you are to be applauded for getting them instruction.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
On the second, I just like that she seems more upright and balanced...understanding she missed...lol. I hate DD's going to batting practice (twice a week), swinging 1000 times...wrong. coach cant be everywhere all the time...seems like so much to go wrong, swing after swing. I had to get them lessons to counteract the learned error at unsupervised hitting practice. Hopefully learn good stuff, and swing 1000 times with that instead.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors