Hitting Guru

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016

Here ya go D-UP.

If the bb moves there is a shift. Nothing you can do about that. See how Mike gets to his center before swinging? That’s a shift. That’s shift THEN swing by golly!

Hey you learn something new everyday! Well at least smart people do. That’s how one becomes smart correct?

Did you learn something new today D?

Of course there is a shift in pressure from back to front when one's front foot lands. Don't think anybody can argue that. The real question is how much is too much. Latta says 50/50 others argue there is a bit more on the back foot (60/40, 70/30) before the swing is initiated. I also think, and Latta and most others would agree I think, that too much pressure on the front foot (getting too "heavy" on it) is a bad thing too.

I've looked at some of Latta's stuff of late and he differs with TM in a number of areas yet Turner is one of his students and TM uses him as one example of his stuff...LOL!! I think I will just keep doing my own thing for now 😉

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Of course there is a shift in pressure from back to front when one's front foot lands. Don't think anybody can argue that. The real question is how much is too much. Latta says 50/50 others argue there is a bit more on the back foot (60/40, 70/30) before the swing is initiated. I also think, and Latta and most others would agree I think, that too much pressure on the front foot (getting too "heavy" on it) is a bad thing too.

I've looked at some of Latta's stuff of late and he differs with TM in a number of areas yet Turner is one of his students and TM uses him as one example of his stuff...LOL!! I think I will just keep doing my own thing for now 😉

I like the 50/50 cue. Just because it’s giving a hitter the frame of mind to shift ‘something’ and to be balanced into foot down. Even though, like you said 60/40 or 55/45 might be more closer to the truth on any given swing.

Latta is easy to duplicate and easy to follow. Very simple.

I have chuckled many times at TMs critique of JTs swing. Like some have said. ‘We see what we want to see’ 😆

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So you are saying that putting the hands on the shoulder is the same as putting the barrel on the shoulder? Stop wasting time, you cant be this dumb.

Ok D. Last time. Anything glued or pinned to anything in a swing sequence is bad.

The hands work independently of the body. It’s how you segment the swing efficiently and stay adjustable.

The hands must release at different times in the sequence to cover different pitches in the zone. We cannot release the barrel at the same time for every pitch. That’s what the deltoid drill promotes.

I think Epstein had shift right. I think Epstein knew the core was the source of power. But his sequencing drills were at best elementary.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
If you have TM's thoughts from prior to 2005, you have his quotes when he was still at ETeamZ, Setpro, or one of the two sites I moderate. I have quotes from his with all of his different identities from JoeBad to ... You can bet he has promoted so many different philosophies. I have a private message from his welcoming me to Steve Englishbey's private website at about the time you mention. Then, two weeks later, he was thrown off that site. I have stated many times that many of his ideas are not his but taken from people like Donny Buster.

Per the deltoid drill, ideas about connection, ... you can find those thoughts in many of TMs stuff with the vocabulary changed. Vocabulary changes have been the key to trying to control the information while attacking those who point that out.
Kind of ages us doesn't it! :)
Been stalking those sites for many years. Yes...many names from TM.
Not sure which site one those particular notes are from. There were many posters that I liked to read back then....lclifton, tomquerry come to mind and there are many others.

I have Cannonball notes too on one of these hard drives! And they are good stuff. I always thought if we got together and shared what we did...we would see alot of similarities.

Always like Eglishbey's stuff because his video showed training info and drills. Never followed him into his site though.

While I am at it....I want to say thanks for all the things you have done to help people and taking care of hitting forums. I bet you don't get alot of kuddo's for that endless task...so kuddo's from me!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
While I am at it....I want to say thanks for all the things you have done to help people and taking care of hitting forums. I bet you don't get alot of kuddo's for that endless task...so kuddo's from me!!

I'll second that! I've learned a lot from CB that was very helpful to me, especially in the early stages of helping my DD and figuring this stuff out for myself. Thanks, CB!! :)

Jun 8, 2016
Z9rV7z0.gif

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi