High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Mybe he isn't still holding tryouts? Maybe everyone has made the team at this point and he just hasn't seperated JV and varsity yet?

Ditto this. Let's see, it's turned into practice, they're sizing the girls for uniforms, etc. It sounds like she's in and the question is V or JV.

Ever since I first looked at it a few years ago, the softball webpage of DD's future HS has stated that the first week of practice is used for tryouts. It would drive me nuts to be in week 2 and still not know for sure! Good luck!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2012
Tryout's, Day 11!! Hopefully today will be the day Dd is told she has made the team. He has done everything but do just that. Although she hasnt been sized for a uniform, she has been sized for hoodie and sweats which i am assuming to be used for warm-ups. Dd told me last night that she felt like yesterday was her best showing to date and that the coaches really took notice of her in the cage and complimented her. Coaches are running more of a drill type practice at this point and are interacting more with the players. My only wish at this point is that he would tell them something, like your on the team, I'm just deciding who will play up in varsity, something!!! Or maybe he is looking at getting a freshman team together. There are, I believe several 8th graders and freshman there. I cant say for sure since it is a closed practice and there only a handful of girls that havent been cut that we know personally.

Feb 12, 2013
From a coaching perspective, disregarding the other girls trying out, when girls try out and dont make it, it is not a death sentence. your daughter should feel honored that the coach asked her to try out( especially as an 8th grdr). If she does get cut, the coach should give her an honest evaluation and let her know what she needs to work on. Now as a parent, it does suck, but i wouldnt want my dd to move up just to shine the bench.

Oct 10, 2011
9 days

The stress must be horrible! Our HS coach announced that they are adding another day and everyone is freaking out, and it's only 3 days. Something about being required to by the rules in order to cut players previously on varsity????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207