High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2012
At this point I'm not sure how many spots there are. There are so many player's that play on both the JV and the Varsity squads that my dd cant tell how many spots are available. At one time i was told there were 6-8 spots available. Last night the coach had the girls try on hoodies and sweats for sizing info but still no word if she made the team or not. I would say that it is looking good at this point. If this coach cuts anymore AFTER he sized the girls for warm-ups, well, that would not be a good thing. Oh well, staying positive with the dd, and not making a big deal about getting sized. On with the 10th day of tryouts!!!!

Mar 29, 2012
Mybe he isn't still holding tryouts? Maybe everyone has made the team at this point and he just hasn't seperated JV and varsity yet?

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
This is pretty much what I was thinking. I know of at least one HS in our area that still hasn't separated Varsity and JV

My DDs high school starts tryouts 2 weeks prior to school starting. (MO plays in the Fall). The first week is the real tryout. The second week is practice/tryout with JV and Varsity together. At the end of the 2nd week, the coach meets with each girl individually, tells them which team they're on and what he expects from them for the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207