Hi Newbie here

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2012
Hi All,

I joined a while ago, but I have spent so much time reading and found so much to learn that I never posted. I figured just about every question I had has been asked, so I continued to read.

I have 2 kids playing softball, the youngest is a pitcher and is in her first year of 12U. After taking November and December off, we are getting ready to start up her pitching in the next week or two. Her biggest need is to increase speed. After reviewing some video from the fall, I realized she is not getting any whip at all. She gets the ball rotated way too early and has a stiff arm. This will be our focus.

I'm sure I will have a chance to ask some questions soon and look forward to interacting with this crowd. For now, its just "Hi".

Jul 2, 2013
The key is to really listen to your daughter.

My goal as a parent is to communicate what is going on between the vast space between DD's ears. Take what she says and be there, maybe push her a little, to get where she wants.

Make sure it is not what you want ... but what she wants.

She has an uphill battle, from your story, being a new 12U pitcher looking for speed. Many have been born with a bat and ball in their crib, and grew from there.

Good luck. If DD wants it ... she can get there ... but only if SHE wants it.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Welcome. Some good information is posted here.
Just a FYI
I think boardmember is one of those guys who knows allot about pitching, he has been around the game for a few years :D

Straightleg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877