Hand Path Device

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
I hope I am not stepping on any toes here and if I am please say so....but if anyone has any pictures or a video of someone using Howards Hand Path Device I would really like to see it so I can see how that works. I have seen pictures of the device but would like to see it in action if at all possible. Again if I am stepping out of bounds here I apologize.
Thanks
Mike

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
I hope I am not stepping on any toes here and if I am please say so....but if anyone has any pictures or a video of someone using Howards Hand Path Device I would really like to see it so I can see how that works. I have seen pictures of the device but would like to see it in action if at all possible. Again if I am stepping out of bounds here I apologize.
Thanks
Mike

Mike we are doing a clinic in Pittsburgh if the weather holds and I will try and have someone video it.

If you have seen a picture of it the bend in the piece of plastic opposite the ball end is for the lead elbow to touch as the shoulders begin to open and then the knob of the bat will be directed towards the white or red tape and you are at bat lag and then we release the barrel to the barrel to the ball. This a visual that the hands do not go towards the ball but inside the ball. It also shows the shoulders must rotate and not just be linear or you can not get to bag lag in my opinion. When first learning the swing this appears to be confusing to most students as to where the lead elbow should be directed as to an inside, down the middle or outside pitch and how much we rotate or hips when doing it.

Thanks Howard

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
I will bring a camera this weekend if im allowed to use it!!:)

What we will be doing I will take care of...CB does not allow it on her because it winds up on You Tube without her consent.

I would appreciate your help and it will not be an issue. Bring something cool for her to sign for you and your daughter!

They have called me and may cancel Saturdays sessions based on the expected snow fall and only do Sunday. I am going to stay over Sunday night and head back Monday morning if they still have it.

Look forward to meeting you!

Howard

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Our session is Sunday afternoon. We had some more girls from out organization inquire & they seemed to have found out somehow that both Sat sessions were booked full. I sure hope they dont have to cancel. Are you guys flying in or driving??

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Our session is Sunday afternoon. We had some more girls from out organization inquire & they seemed to have found out somehow that both Sat sessions were booked full. I sure hope they dont have to cancel. Are you guys flying in or driving??

I just got a call and they have canceled the weekend and are looking to reschedule for March....they said they will be contacting everyone.

Thanks Howard

Oct 19, 2009
I saw a hitting coach teach hand path by the student holding a basketball between their arms and swinging at front toss. I never tried it so I don’t know how effective it could be, but it looked interesting.

May 7, 2008
DFW
I saw a hitting coach teach hand path by the student holding a basketball between their arms and swinging at front toss. I never tried it so I don’t know how effective it could be, but it looked interesting.

Peppers RUN RUN fast RUN hard. Your going to teach disconnection with that drill.

Oct 19, 2009
The coach using this drill was a minor league baseball hitting coach, we worked out at a indoor facility where he used this drill with students. We never tried it, I actually forgot about it until this threads jogged my memory.

I never talked to him about it and I was just wondering if anyone had heard of the drill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32