Great PGF 10u championship game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
That game was worth watching. Some great ball and clutch plays. I almost had that one predicted from the earlier thread a month ago.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
The DS Hotshots team was great and were good sports too. Watching them, and so many other good 10 year olds play made me think that they looked like miniature little college players, so many kids always made the right play, made so few errors, pitched so well, baseran so well, just really impressive that these little kids know the GAME so well.

The inaugural 10u and was a great success.

Mar 21, 2013
I watched quite a few of the pool play games, and at first I was kind of surprised that the level of play wasn't a bit higher. Then I factored in everything involved i.e. with the vast array of teams from all over nobody really knew what to expect. That coupled with the fact that nobody really threw their ace, or wanted to show all of their cards since pool play meant nothing really played a part in my initial thoughts. As the tournament progressed the level of play definitely rose exponentially as well. As stated it is amazing how much these girls know about the game! Bottom line it was very enjoyable to watch and I think a huge success.

By the way I can't believe how many big girls there are out there, and I'm almost positive some of them drove to the games. Definitely must be awkward for those coaches to have to look up at 11 year old girls. Things are definitely bigger in Texas where they drink the milk straight from the cow, and when it's gone they eat the cow.

What affect the introduction of a 10U PGF National Championship will have on rec ball or youth softball in general remains to be seen, but if I had to guess I would say watch out ASA. The game is on!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2013
What affect the introduction of a 10U PGF National Championship will have on rec ball or youth softball in general remains to be seen, but if I had to guess I would say watch out ASA. The game is on!
I still don't see PGF having a significant effect on rec ball - 10U rec is huge compared to TB. PGF did have an impact on ASA's travel program, although more at 10A Nats which only had 24 teams instead of the usual 40-45. LM's Most Wanted was an anomaly - a TB team that stayed in rec, more so than a rec team in PGF.

PGF will expand 10U for more TOP teams, but not to accommodate demand from average ones. I hope they hold a qualifier in places like SoCal and Texas.

10U is like 12U was years ago, where some decent TB teams are formed from a league's all star team and a few non-name teams are able to be competitive. However, they evolve over time as they upgrade their roster to be more competitive and often lose their top players to better teams.

Oct 30, 2014
Seattle
Very impressed... 10u teams around here are no where near that level. Obviously this looks like a lot of hard work, athleticism, and good coaching. But specifically are these elementary students practicing 4x a week for 3 or 4 years or what? Crazy.

Dec 22, 2012
We played both of those teams this season. While they are definitely the top two teams around, there are several others that can compete with them. For instance, we lead 1-0 against Chaos for 58 minutes in State. Ended up losing 3-1. It was really cool to see them travel that far and both make it to the championship. Very proud of those girls and our region for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32