Glove Deals?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Bet you’re still crying about spending that money! ;)
I don't mind spending money on good gloves for the kids. Bats I have a harder time with since they go through them like toilet paper :LOL: and well a glove me is a waste of time...my range is shot and every time I hit I get a cramp is my rear.

I will probably be hitting you up for suggestions for my 6 YO son in a few years.. ;)

Mar 28, 2020
Think I’m going to the Myrtle Beach Rawlings outlet tomorrow? Any preorders? Any interest in anything particular?

I’m going to see if there’s any Horween or Spring Trainers available, which I’m doubting! I’ll post anything interesting.
How can I find out what they have to place an order?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What do you know about the rawlings R9 glove......I am worried since the price is soooo inexpensive as compared to other gloves
Well, they are soft and game ready, that’s really all I need to know! The only thing going for them is of course price, and they do come in some of Rawlings famous patterns & sizes.

What age is your DD, what position, and what size glove you looking at???

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
How can I find out what they have to place an order?
You really can’t, other than just walking into the outlet, I don’t think their inventory is posted on a site?

Best scenario, know exactly what you want (model, series, size) and call them to see if they have one and see how much it’s discounted. I really didn’t see any worthwhile deals yesterday other than that $159.00 NP5 that I posted.

Mar 28, 2020
Well, they are soft and game ready, that’s really all I need to know! The only thing going for them is of course price, and they do come in some of Rawlings famous patterns & sizes.

What age is your DD, what position, and what size glove you looking at???

The young lady is a new 12 year old turned last week. She plays outfield we are teaching her center so I am looking at a 12.5

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
If I'm reading this right, the young lady is new to softball and/or tournament ball?

This might not be popular, but I would go with an R9 or 1 step up to a Liberty. My DD is 2nd yr 12U and she has been playing with a LA for almost 3 years now. In the next year or so, I will be looking to get her that next level/last a long time glove, but the little lower level glove isn't always a bad thing. Get her in a decent glove that she can use now with the knowledge that she will probably need a new glove 2 years and start saving now. A LA will get you a solid 2 yrs.

Mar 28, 2020
If I'm reading this right, the young lady is new to softball and/or tournament ball?

This might not be popular, but I would go with an R9 or 1 step up to a Liberty. My DD is 2nd yr 12U and she has been playing with a LA for almost 3 years now. In the next year or so, I will be looking to get her that next level/last a long time glove, but the little lower level glove isn't always a bad thing. Get her in a decent glove that she can use now with the knowledge that she will probably need a new glove 2 years and start saving now. A LA will get you a solid 2 yrs.
Yes and thanks

She super fast and has crazy lateral motion......it only took us two practices to get her throwing hard with decent form. And she got under and caught a hard hit pop fly.....allot of promise, but brand new to softball period.

Thanks for the advice.....I am going to follow it.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas

I agree with R9 suggestion for someone new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877