Ghost differences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
DD borrowed a teammate's Ghost this past weekend and you could see a difference in her hits with that versus her current bat - she's had the same bat since 2019. We were looking into getting her a ghost and while I know the size we want - there are too many options.
What are the real differences (other than price) in them? On the Easton site the reviews don't look super great so I'm not sure what to even look for. We are limited in what is in stores so she can't really try a bat and we'd have to order it.
Thanks!

May 29, 2019
This isn't going to help you just yet, but....

I have been wondering this same thing since the Ghost Advanced came out. My DD has been swinging the 2018 ASA (Blue) model for going on two years and it just started to develop sharktooth cracks. I was looking into which Ghost would be the closest replacement in terms of swing feel and performance. Unable to get a concise answer, I decided to buy both the Advanced and "regular" Ghost and do the research ourselves. We just received the Advanced over the weekend and the "regular" should be here this week. Once she has a few weeks of swings on the two "new" bats, I will post a detailed evaluation between the three on here.

The Advanced seems to be much more popular right now. So if you are going into a blind decision on purchasing a Ghost, I would say to buy the Advanced and keep the receipt.

Aug 24, 2018
DD has the dual stamp and the advanced. The ADV is her game bat, but she still loves the DS. I don't think you can go wrong with either, until it breaks. DD just cracked her replacement DS. She is very careful with them and only uses them in warm weather. If Easton won't send another replacement, I'll buy a -9 from Core (won't buy anywhere else) and see if it is more durable.

May 1, 2018
My DD tired several of her teammates before we landed on the Advance. I wanted to make sure she liked that one the best since it retails for $100 more. But that's the one we ended up with and the ball explodes off of it.

May 6, 2015
bought the advanced for DD a couple of weeks ago (her 2019 ghost DS cracked), loves it, hitting the ball farther, but having a run of bad luck last two weekends (3 or 4 long fly balls caught, 2 or 4 GB lasers right at an infielder, couple of foul balls that went into neighboring field that flew at least 250 ft).

Apr 10, 2021
DD has the dual stamp and the advanced. The ADV is her game bat, but she still loves the DS. I don't think you can go wrong with either, until it breaks. DD just cracked her replacement DS. She is very careful with them and only uses them in warm weather. If Easton won't send another replacement, I'll buy a -9 from Core (won't buy anywhere else) and see if it is more durable.
Just curious as I've been looking into a new bat as well, and know nothing at this point other than composites are great for the most part but eventually crack- what is the difference between dual stamp and advanced?

Is one not allowed in certain situations?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
bought the advanced for DD a couple of weeks ago (her 2019 ghost DS cracked), loves it, hitting the ball farther, but having a run of bad luck last two weekends (3 or 4 long fly balls caught, 2 or 4 GB lasers right at an infielder, couple of foul balls that went into neighboring field that flew at least 250 ft).
I've always told my girls, you hit the ball like that and make outs, you won't get nothing put praise and high fives from me!! Those balls will eventually find holes & gaps! Tell her to keep doing what she's doing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00