Ghost differences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The Advanced seems to be much more popular right now. So if you are going into a blind decision on purchasing a Ghost, I would say to buy the Advanced and keep the receipt.

Yeah...keep that receipt, laminate it, and put it in your safe next to the jewelry and insurance policies.

I see lots of Demarini and some LS in college games, and OU swings Rawlings. I wondered who swings Easton Ghosts, and found out that UCLA did in 2019. I wonder what the breakage rate is in these programs?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Couple of weeks back I bought a Callaway Epic driver, you’re definitely right, it’s the arrow!
I have a Callaway FT5 Driver sitting in my office after I recently purchased a Ping G400 Max. Man is it so smooth. Time for Dad to start spending money on himself. I have been looking for ways to start playing golf when I go watch DD play. I usually have a four window to get in 18 for Saturday or Sunday games. DD has 2 teammates whose dads also play.

CoachJ5513

BlueJ5513
Sep 29, 2010
Texas
the USSSA only certified bats are not legal in NCAA or high school.
They are considered "illegal" bats and their use result in the player being called out upon discovery, & player and coach being ejected

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I have a Callaway FT5 Driver sitting in my office after I recently purchased a Ping G400 Max. Man is it so smooth. Time for Dad to start spending money on himself. I have been looking for ways to start playing golf when I go watch DD play. I usually have a four window to get in 18 for Saturday or Sunday games. DD has 2 teammates whose dads also play.
When Anna was still playing 16U, our Fall season ending tournament was in Myrtle Beach. I hit up three other dads months in advance for us to go down that Thursday and play 18 holes. Once everyone was onboard, I told them I'd handle the arrangements.

I set us up a tee time at Glen Dornoch in Little River, SC (basically still in N. Myrtle). I've probably played this course 10 times prior, just a fantastic course, holes 8, 9, 16, 17, and 18 are all on the Intercoastal Waterway! I have a buddy who has a house in Cherry Grove, 15 minutes from Glen Dornoch, we used to go down for a weekend and play a course we've never played before and the next day play Glen Dornoch, probably my favorite course ever?

Anyway, not sure what was going on with me.....I birdied 5 of the first 6 holes, of course reality set in a little later but I shot a 75 that day from the blue tees! Man, they ragged on me for months saying I set them up, which I did! ;)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
OK, I have kinda went over this a couple times...about time to do it again i guess :)

The ADV is made of a complete diff composite that the regular dual...it used the ADV baseball
composite. Also, the ADV barrel is slightly bigger than the regular dual. The ADV also has a smaller
handle knob and its actually kinda soft (not sponge, kinda like hard rubber...you can squeeze it a little).
Also, the ADV is supposed to have a bit more connection dampening.

In case you wondered...the limited Gold ADV is the same, exact bat as the ADV thats already been out,
just 50 bucks more retail. In case you ran into a certain store's reps and they tried to lie to you :)

And thank you guys for giving my name as someone to buy from...my little store appreciates it :)
We try to do what the big stores dont...actually know the product better than anybody, actually
want to help customers, offer great prices and service. We appreciate our loyal customers

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
OK, I have kinda went over this a couple times...about time to do it again i guess :)

The ADV is made of a complete diff composite that the regular dual...it used the ADV baseball
composite. Also, the ADV barrel is slightly bigger than the regular dual. The ADV also has a smaller
handle knob and its actually kinda soft (not sponge, kinda like hard rubber...you can squeeze it a little).
Also, the ADV is supposed to have a bit more connection dampening.

In case you wondered...the limited Gold ADV is the same, exact bat as the ADV thats already been out,
just 50 bucks more retail.

And thank you guys for giving my name as someone to buy from...my little store appreciates it :)
We try to do what the big stores dont...actually know the product better than anybody, actually
want to help customers, offer great prices and service. We appreciate our loyal customers
Wish you sold gloves, and before you say you do.....my kind of gloves! ;)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
When Anna was still playing 16U, our Fall season ending tournament was in Myrtle Beach. I hit up three other dads months in advance for us to go down that Thursday and play 18 holes. Once everyone was onboard, I told them I'd handle the arrangements.

I set us up a tee time at Glen Dornoch in Little River, SC (basically still in N. Myrtle). I've probably played this course 10 times prior, just a fantastic course, holes 8, 9, 16, 17, and 18 are all on the Intercoastal Waterway! I have a buddy who has a house in Cherry Grove, 15 minutes from Glen Dornoch, we used to go down for a weekend and play a course we've never played before and the next day play Glen Dornoch, probably my favorite course ever?

Anyway, not sure what was going on with me.....I birdied 5 of the first 6 holes, of course reality set in a little later but I shot a 75 that day from the blue tees! Man, they ragged on me for months saying I set them up, which I did! ;)

Wow! That is a beautiful course. My Bro In Law just notified me that I am in (first alternate) for his annual golf trip. We are gonna play Pine Dunes Golf Club in the middle of nowhere in East Tx. https://www.pinedunes.com/ I can't remember the last golf trip I went on. For the past 10 years, I had to decline "because of softball." I am slowly getting my pre-softball life back. No I just need to get my golf game back. The chipping and pitching muscles need to be retrained.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wow! That is a beautiful course. My Bro In Law just notified me that I am in (first alternate) for his annual golf trip. We are gonna play Pine Dunes Golf Club in the middle of nowhere in East Tx. https://www.pinedunes.com/ I can't remember the last golf trip I went on. For the past 10 years, I had to decline "because of softball." I am slowly getting my pre-softball life back. No I just need to get my golf game back. The chipping and pitching muscles need to be retrained.
That post I made to you yesterday prompted me to text those other knuckleheads this morning to get together for a little reunion round! OS, don't put it off, set up a round with those other dads or you'll regret it if you don't! After we played that one time I regretted that we never did it sooner!

I'm starting to play again, been playing once a week for probably 3 months, it's slowly coming back! From when the TB softball thing started until now.....I got old! The little things I used to do and not even think about are very difficult now, I can still crush a golf ball, and very straight, I just can't put the ball in the dang hole now! With the game of golf, you have to play or you'll lose it, it's not like riding a bicycle!

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
OP here - we ended up with the 2020 (not Advanced) as we were able to find that for her to test at the store. She likes it a lot so far.
Got a single on her first at bat first pitch the first game she played with it. She actually hurt her elbow over the weekend so hasn't really been able to swing well this week but hopefully that clears up and we'll see what she can do at her next tournament :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish