2023 Ghost Double Barrel vs Ghost Unlimited

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 3, 2023
Could someone please tell me what the main differences would be between these 2 bats?
My DD currently swings a Ghost Unlimited 30/20 -10 , But i want to move her up to a 32/21. Just need to know what the differences are between the 2 bats, Aside from the price... Thank you!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For starters, the Unlimited is a one-piece bat DB is a two-piece. The Unlimited is more end-loaded and will have more feedback on balls not squared up. The DB, because of the connection, won't sting as much on mishits. The Unlimited supposedly is more of a power bat because it doesn't flex as much.

Make sure to try both out, if possible, before buying. There are some good resources here to save you money, including me, on this forum.

Jan 3, 2023
For starters, the Unlimited is a one-piece bat DB is a two-piece. The Unlimited is more end-loaded and will have more feedback on balls not squared up. The DB, because of the connection, won't sting as much on mishits. The Unlimited supposedly is more of a power bat because it doesn't flex as much.

Make sure to try both out, if possible, before buying. There are some good resources here to save you money, including me, on this forum.
Really? I spoke with Easton via phone call yesterday and they confirmed to me that both bats at Drop 10, 11 are balanced bats, But the drop 8, 9 are end loaded. On amazon, they are also listed as balanced.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Really? I spoke with Easton via phone call yesterday and they confirmed to me that both bats at Drop 10, 11 are balanced bats, But the drop 8, 9 are end loaded. On amazon, they are also listed as balanced.
I said more end-loaded, not fully end-loaded. They both tend to be overweight by up to an ounce, but that will vary from bat to bat. Also, they are out of stock at Easton on the Unlimited in a -11, so if you want to move to a 32-21, you'll have to go somewhere with them available.

When my older daughter tried the Advanced, her response was, "too end-loaded." She prefers the LXT, which was, to her, more balanced.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For the record, they've gotten closer with bat weights with the last two model runs. My daughters have the original DS in a 32-22 that weighs 23.3 ounces. Their 33-23 weighs 23.8 ounces, and their 34-24 weighs 24.8 ounces. The last two are the FP22 model.

Sep 19, 2018
That is all marketing BS. The -10 and 11 are only balanced when compared to men's slow pitch bats. Swing a Demarini, Marucci, or Mizuno. Compared to the eastons, any of those brands will swing lighter or feel more balanced.

Jan 3, 2023
I said more end-loaded, not fully end-loaded. They both tend to be overweight by up to an ounce, but that will vary from bat to bat. Also, they don't make an Unlimited in a -11, so if you want to move to a 32-21, you'll have to go with the Advanced or the DS.

When my older daughter tried the Advanced, her response was, "too end-loaded." She prefers the LXT, which was to her, more balanced.
I believe here they offer the -11, Is this not correct?? I need to try to find some verification before i order lol

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I believe here they offer the -11, Is this not correct?? I need to try to find some verification before i order lol

You're correct. I edited my post to say they're out of stock at Easton. We have them in stock.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Easton runs a little overweight. Their drop10s are not endloaded...they are just a bit heavier than sticker weight. Obviously,
on a drop9 or drop8 they would be more endloaded as its a heavier bat.

Easton calls their drop10 balanced and the 8 and 9 drops their endloaded models

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
Definitely have her try a one piece out before buying one. A lot of players either love them or hate them. Both of my kids (DD and DS) swing one piece bats and would prefer not to go back to two piece.

DD has had ghosts since they first came out and she has always said they don't feel end loaded to her. She's always swung a -10. I've seen other players stay away from them because they are "too end loaded". It really seems to be that they are overweight most of the time that bothers some hitters.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00