Getting me all hot!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
You have me curious what organization this is lol. Emma made a team for an org. that is supposed to have pretty good success getting girls recruited. This was part of the reason DD picked this team and organization over her other offers to play. I'm hoping it's not the same one lol.

Aug 6, 2013
I did a quick count - Not looking at $$ handed over for scholarship because I have no way to know that but just sheer number of girls playing in College -

It turns out the Pedestrian organization in our area who feels their mission is to get girls to play and continue to play Softball has at least as many girls playing in college (Not counting those girls that left late in the recruiting process) as the NAME organizations who bill them selves as STAR makers. (Or more correctly Star takers).

Not sure what that means but I know for sure - It's really up to the girls to do the hard work - The organization can come in and be a closer but the girl has to earn it.

Aug 24, 2011
I am currently making videos for three or four more players who's TB organizations have done nothing but have the parents sign up for a recruiting service. Yet, when I get these players into college, those organizations will take the credit. On one, the organization has basically said that they young lady should not pursue collegiate softball. I have an offer for her now from a school that needs what this player brings to the table. It isn't much but it will help the family and they want her to attend there.

When "I" get these players into college. Hmmm, seems like the players themselves may have just a little bit to do with it.

Why are you so concerned about who gets the credit? Even with all of the help that you give the girls, how are you to be credited? The girls know who deserves the "credit."

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You have me curious what organization this is lol. Emma made a team for an org. that is supposed to have pretty good success getting girls recruited. This was part of the reason DD picked this team and organization over her other offers to play. I'm hoping it's not the same one lol.

Emma will be just fine in the organization that she is going to play in. Some good people there if she made the team I think that she did.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
As many know, our organization is young by most standards. We're only 6 years old. This year, I was basically told I will be taking an expansion 18U team. In a week and a half, I managed to field some of the top talent in our area. I did this by telling them we'd help these girls that committed to get recruited. We will be doing player profiles, player skills videos, emailing the coaches of the schools they want to try and play for, reaching out to college contacts and contacts of contacts, monitor their grades for them and put them in situations that can hopefully let the coaches they email actually get to see them play. In other words, everything that their other "Elite" organizations should have been doing for them but didn't. Most are in their Senior year of HS but I still believe we can get them placed with the right marketing and contacts. If some other organization tries to take credit for it, I will personally flame them on every avenue of social media I can possibly find to make sure that most people know what a joke they are!!:mad:

cannonball, I feel your frustration and certainly your anger and pain. I can empathize with you only because I know some blowhard coach will certainly try and take credit for something that our organization and coaching staff has done. Look for some nasty stuff happening on the softball zone if it happens. You know me, I'm certainly not afraid to call a spade a spade if the shoe fits. Sorry for the mixed metaphors:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck