FYB clarification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Not tryin to play gotcha. I think getting the bat out in front asap is a good feel. Obliques first syncs everything up.

Feb 25, 2020
I think oblique stretch is a great feel to get the upper moving faster so the lower can "react" faster.

He has so much hip flexion until its time to hit.

I think "obliques first" is a great feel. To speed the bat out in front so the hips can pull the handle back.

He is not pushing with the front leg, its pulling.(watch closley his knee almost hyperextends)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think oblique stretch is a great feel to get the upper moving faster so the lower can "react" faster.

I think "obliques first" is a great feel. To speed the bat out in front so the hips can pull the handle back.

He is not pushing with the front leg, its pulling.(watch closley his knee almost hyperextends)

during hip flexion do you believe the obliques are loaded eccentrically?

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin

What do you mean by pulling? This is one thing i have to try, actively 'whatever' with front leg. DD has trained hard to create front side resistance in pitching to stop forward momentum so that the arm becomes ballistic ( i think i butchered the correct usage of that - sorry BoardMember). I asked DD is she actively pushed with her front leg during hitting and she said yes. Not sure if she really knows tho. I tried and think i felt the push and the hip going back.

I think FFS always showed pictures (maybe RDBass, cant recall) where there was a line drawn down the front hip, and if the hip moved forward after heel down, the batter was posting up. So that is something i have tried to watch in DD's swing.

I just never really understood the Oblique vs legs discussion. I assume this 'pulling' you mention goes back to that conversations. just thought i would ask.

Feb 25, 2020
I mean his hamstrings and the back of his body in general is/are dominating there.

And ya Ww they do that i guess.

It is a strange/interesting looking swing you have to admit

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The FYB is maintaining hip coil at toe touch and into footplant. I haven’t looked at the swing frame by frame, but she looks back in real time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12