From 40' to 43'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
What I saw in Illinois this year rings true with the mority input on the thread.

Teams that developed pitchers to throw spot, kissing the corners with movement and speed changes had about the same kind of season as they did in previous years. Similar strike out numbers and runs scored against. Slightly lower on the k's and and slightly higher on the runs.

Teams that developed speed, speed and a little more speed got shelled. That 3 feet seems to equal a lot of extra visual input and reaction time for the batters.

My opinion, the day of the dominant thrower are coming to a close and the day of the dominant pitcher are returning. I can't say I'm disappointed in the change, dispite my misgivings at the begining of the year.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
DD played first year of 14U this year, in 9th grade this Fall ... we went into June thinking she would probably get hit off of a lot.

She has been clocked consistently during game 53-56 .. hit 58 a few times (rare). Has a good change up and throws what she calls a two-seam ... that pitch curves away and drops. Her drop ball doesn't drop much but looks different so it does throw a batter off a bit. She is very good at taking a little off varying speed a lot and hits her spots very well.

Not the kid people would stop and watch in awe .. but incredibly consistent.

Not one triple or homerun hit off her this year ... 1-3 BB per game, 5-10 K's per game .. lots and lots of pop ups and infield grounders.
Some good defense behind her and that combo works.

She is significantly worried about going to 43'. No idea how that will go ... working on improving mechanics ... hoping she has a decent defense ...
She is happy with her Travel team ... loves playing.
I'm guessing it will be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish