Fielders mask for 8u DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Hey, give me time on the facemasks. I've only heard of them the past year or so! They're still a relativly new product. I will probably chuck a tanty if I have to wear one personally, but I don't think it will come to that here. I have no problems parents making their kids wear them and would make sure their kid wore if it they told me they had to. I also chucked a tanty when I first had to wear a batting helmet, but I was five.

My main reaction was to 'heart protectors' and leggings. Fine, I can accept the need for facemasks. I've seen the injuries. But are we going to have the girls pitching in full catchers gear?

NFL gear always appears funny to me personally. I know little about the game, but my fave sport is rugby league, where men will wear no protective equipment (some will wear head gear, but the soft leather ones, no helmets) and get driven into the dirt by four other men. With nothing on. Of course, they all have the der face going on at the to levels, so maybe we should put them in helmets ;-)

I've only watched a couple of rugby matches on tv. One of those was women's rugby. All I can say is wow! That's a tough sport! We might have to protect the softball from them instead of them from the softball.

But don't even talk about hockey where they hold each other by the jersey and punch each other in the mouth. I guess it's true that some people like to abuse you, some people like to be abused.

Dec 22, 2010
Rip-It

My 8 y/o DD wears the Rip-It when pitching. She went to a TB clinic over the winter and all the girls on the 10u and 12u teams wear the same mask. It made for an easy sell! ;)

Nov 1, 2008
We were playing a practice game against the 12u all star team last night. One of our batters crushed a line drive to the pitcher's face. She was wearing a gameface and other than the emotional trauma is completely unharmed. The ball impacted hard enough to crack the gameface. It would have hit her right in the mouth. It might have only costed $35-40 but I'd say it was worth about $5000 last night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish