What to do after testing positive for COVID-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Perhaps you should head back to the also soccer boards if referring to a virus by its source is too salty for you, Karen

---
Again, so transparent and nothing less coming from you, Schmick's gloves. I was waiting for you to jump in. They do say "birds of a feather, flock together." I'm not here to make you or your cohorts comfortable for your ignorance. Just know that you're getting exposed for what you are which is a bigoted poster. People may not say it but they are thinking it. Like you care, right?? Just like I care that you called me a salty Karen. I'm speaking out because I've seen several posts already with offensive overtones. Don't hate because you are getting called out. This was not meant to hijack OP's post but this thread needed to happen because it's been a continuous theme with posters like you, Schmick's gloves. We've got your number, dude. #brokenrecord

When I posted what I did, I was miserable and depressed that I tested positive for covid (am I using an outdated term?) and I wasn't able to travel with the team and play in the first series of the season (and I'll probably be missing a few more before the virus is said and done). I wasn't looking to bring politics into this...just looking to commiserate between either friends on here who tested positive as well or who's family has tested positive as well.

As someone on here said...I am a young college student and I hear the leftist ideaology all too often especially by professors who have such a slant in their ideaology. I happen to be of a snowflake driven generation and most of my peers would be offeneded by AD's use of the term "China Virus". Now whether he's right or not to use the term isn't up for debate (I agree with him because China is where the virus outbreak originated much like when we say Spanish flu because Spain is where the outbreak originated). It's debate like this is why I don't watch news outlets like CNN and MSNBC because I hear debate and thought police-like ideaology put out there like its all facts. I happen to watch stuff like Fox News, NewsMax, and The Blaze because I get to hear a differing opinion to what I hear in class and when I go to our school's dining hall everyday.

Please, lets leave politics out of this.

Getting off of my soapbox...

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Since it seems like you only had a rapid test, you should follow that up with a PCR test to see if you really have Covid.

It takes a few days to get the results back. If you test negative, then you should be able to return to normal activities.

If you were much older I would recommend that you buy a $25 oximeter (little clip on device for end of your finger) to make sure your O2 doesnt fall below 90%.

We did have rapid testing done here at the school. I emailed my PCP's office in King Of Prussia, PA to get an appointment to get a better test done. I haven't heard back yet and probably won't until Monday.

It's good to know I can probably return to normal activity quickly if I test negative again.

You said about an oximeter. My mom tested positive for covid and she has one. When I texted her, she said she'd get it out and I could be tested when I come home tonight.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Walmart sells a vitamin combination of vitamins c, d and zinc and also contains elderberry. My wife's job keeps her in 10 different walmarts weekly (market manager) and has had no instance of the "virus" at all. She has taken an elderberry supplement for a couple years now, no colds, flu or viruses.

Thank you for this as well. I totally forgot about using Elderberry (Sammbuchhis) to help fight colds and flus. I'm going to use this.

Feb 27, 2021

Getting off of my soapbox.
Believe me, I don't fault you, OP. I hope you feel better very soon!! Just like you feel better by getting off your soapbox, I feel better by speaking my mind. I've seen enough from certain posters. That's all :). I sincerely hope you feel better.

When I posted what I did, I was miserable and depressed that I tested positive for covid (am I using an outdated term?) and I wasn't able to travel with the team and play in the first series of the season (and I'll probably be missing a few more before the virus is said and done). I wasn't looking to bring politics into this...just looking to commiserate between either friends on here who tested positive as well or who's family has tested positive as well.

As someone on here said...I am a young college student and I hear the leftist ideaology all too often especially by professors who have such a slant in their ideaology. I happen to be of a snowflake driven generation and most of my peers would be offeneded by AD's use of the term "China Virus". Now whether he's right or not to use the term isn't up for debate (I agree with him because China is where the virus outbreak originated much like when we say Spanish flu because Spain is where the outbreak originated). It's debate like this is why I don't watch news outlets like CNN and MSNBC because I hear debate and thought police-like ideaology put out there like its all facts. I happen to watch stuff like Fox News, NewsMax, and The Blaze because I get to hear a differing opinion to what I hear in class and when I go to our school's dining hall everyday.

Getting off of my soapbox...

I hope you feel better very soon! Your parents have obviously raised you right. I’ve been reading your posts for some time and believe you should be very proud of the young adult you’re growing into. You remind me a lot of my DD.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I hope you feel better very soon! Your parents have obviously raised you right. I’ve been reading your posts for some time and believe you should be very proud of the young adult you’re growing into. You remind me a lot of my DD.

Thank you so much for this, Travis. I know there are a few people on here that have told me the same thing you just did and it validates what I say on here and what I believe in general. Even though some of my professors would like to say otherwise. Thank you for reading my material. It means so much to me. Plus, thanks for the well wishes. My recovery road has just begun. Better submit before the waterworks begin, lol.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Believe me, I don't fault you, OP. I hope you feel better very soon!! Just like you feel better by getting off your soapbox, I feel better by speaking my mind. I've seen enough from certain posters. That's all :). I sincerely hope you feel better.

Thank you for this. I do hope to get back to normal soon. I sometimes do have to get up on my soapbox if I feel something needs to be said and I felt it did at that moment. Normally, I try to ignore drama...but I needed to say my peace.

Apr 28, 2014
I'm amused by the posters and their lack of ability to properly use the Quote feature :)
Oh and people are entitled to say what they like.
If you think less of them then that's fine too. No one cares about anyone's feelings on the internet. I don't care at least. I do care if Gabby is okay. Wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever anyone wants to the call the virus that originated in China or Australia or wherever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812