What to do after testing positive for COVID-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2020
Perhaps you should head back to the also soccer boards if referring to a virus by its source is too salty for you, Karen

---
Again, so transparent and nothing less coming from you, Schmick's gloves. I was waiting for you to jump in. They do say "birds of a feather, flock together." I'm not here to make you or your cohorts comfortable for your ignorance. Just know that you're getting exposed for what you are which is a bigoted poster. People may not say it but they are thinking it. Like you care, right?? Just like I care that you called me a salty Karen. I'm speaking out because I've seen several posts already with offensive overtones. Don't hate because you are getting called out. This was not meant to hijack OP's post but this thread needed to happen because it's been a continuous theme with posters like you, Schmick's gloves. We've got your number, dude. #brokenrecord
It is in no way bigoted to refer to a flu virus thats origin is China as the "China Virus." Just as it was in no way bigoted to call the House Fried Rice I had last night "Chinese Food." You don't get to fake outrage and name call othersto try to segregate people or manipulate thought or behavior. Our vernacular is not based on the most hypersensitive of our populous getting their undergarments twisted. Now I am going to return to my Phillyeerrrrrrr steak and cheese sandwich from an unknown origin along with my freedom fried potatoes.

And the OP said that if they watched news it was Fox News or Newsmax so I'm sure she takes no offense to calling a flu virus from China the "China Virus." Good day ma'am or zim or zee or zippitydooda

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2021
I'm amused by the posters and their lack of ability to properly use the Quote feature :)
Oh and people are entitled to say what they like.
If you think less of them then that's fine too. No one cares about anyone's feelings on the internet. I don't care at least. I do care if Gabby is okay. Wishing you a speedy recovery from whatever anyone wants to the call the virus that originated in China or Australia or wherever.
Ha - I'll be the first to admit I'm a newbie at this. Guess I'll just reply next time instead of doing the quotes :D
It is in no way bigoted to refer to a flu virus thats origin is China as the "China Virus." Just as it was in no way bigoted to call the House Fried Rice I had last night "Chinese Food." You don't get to fake outrage and name call othersto try to segregate people or manipulate thought or behavior. Our vernacular is not based on the most hypersensitive of our populous getting their undergarments twisted. Now I am going to return to my Phillyeerrrrrrr steak and cheese sandwich from an unknown origin along with my freedom fried potatoes.

And the OP said that if they watched news it was Fox News or Newsmax so I'm sure she takes no offense to calling a flu virus from China the "China Virus." Good day ma'am or zim or zee or zippitydooda

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Sounds like you're the one getting your panties twisted. Sorry to burst your oblivious view of yourself. People like you need to be called out. I'm not here to change minds. Just voicing my opinion. I've seen your posts so I'm not just picking on you based on 1 instance. I've only responded to make a point. I don't care if consensus on this forum veers toward your stance. Opinion is an opinion and you know how I feel about you. Zippitydooda. #grabthepopcornpeeps

Apr 28, 2014
Ha - I'll be the first to admit I'm a newbie at this. Guess I'll just reply next time instead of doing the quotes :D

Sounds like you're the one getting your panties twisted. Sorry to burst your oblivious view of yourself. People like you need to be called out. I'm not here to change minds. Just voicing my opinion. I've seen your posts so I'm not just picking on you based on 1 instance. I've only responded to make a point. I don't care if consensus on this forum veers toward your stance. Opinion is an opinion and you know how I feel about you. Zippitydooda. #grabthepopcornpeeps
You're new here and calling people out?
I think you're not new. Just a new name.
Remember sticks and stones.. no one cares what you think. I don't and many people couldn't care less what you think. Your opinions are yours and yours alone. Because no one here cares what anyone thinks. Its not just you, but your not important.. your a zero. And guess what? Everyone here is too.
It's not a competition. Were here to talk softball. Add to those conversations, we'd love your point of view about softball! I'd love to know your opinion on softball. Who's your favorite college team? Mine is UCLA. I love Garcia. My DD is the same size and idolizes her. My DD is playing college ball next year. Where is your dd in the process? This political nonesse is boring. The real question is how can we help you, or how can you help us in the process of getting all of our kids better? :)

Jul 31, 2015
I agree with him because China is where the virus outbreak originated much like when we say Spanish flu because Spain is where the outbreak originated

(Ahem)

The first case of the Spanish flu was diagnosed on an Army base in Kansas.

Did it originate in Spain? No one knows.

Hope you’re feeling better Gabby. Please keep us up and let us know how you’re doing. Glad you’re at home.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018
Thank you so much for this, Travis. I know there are a few people on here that have told me the same thing you just did and it validates what I say on here and what I believe in general. Even though some of my professors would like to say otherwise. Thank you for reading my material. It means so much to me. Plus, thanks for the well wishes. My recovery road has just begun. Better submit before the waterworks begin, lol.

Gabby I can also say you remind me a lot of my daughter as well. Apparently there are many of you out there, with *ahem, certain viewpoints on life. She is starting college in the Fall and we are not too far from KOP PA. Please take care of yourself. A doctor told me take vitamin D, C, and zinc. I take these everyday on top of a multi vitamin. You will be back on the diamond soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
(Ahem)

The first case of the Spanish flu was diagnosed on an Army base in Kansas.

Did it originate in Spain? No one knows.

Hope you’re feeling better Gabby. Please keep us up and let us know how you’re doing. Glad you’re at home.

Ah, that about the Spanish flu is something I never knew. Learned something new. :)

As far as how I feel, unfortunately I am feeling a little worse. I'm going to post an update before heading to bed.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Gabby I can also say you remind me a lot of my daughter as well. Apparently there are many of you out there, with *ahem, certain viewpoints on life. She is starting college in the Fall and we are not too far from KOP PA. Please take care of yourself. A doctor told me take vitamin D, C, and zinc. I take these everyday on top of a multi vitamin. You will be back on the diamond soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this. I try to be level-headed as much as I can be but in today's world... it's easier said than done. :LOL: I know my viewpoints differ from that of my parents and especially of that of my peers and I try to tell them that it's cool to stand out in a world where so many want you to conform to what many of our generation think. I mean, yeah I may sport piercings, tattoos, dyed hair, and play softball at a relatively high level. I think its cool she's starting college in the fall. College life is so much fun. Granted, I'm missing the whole social life thing right now because of the pandemic. Where is she going to school at? I go to school in Lancaster County. I actually don't live in King Of Prussia. That happens to be where my PCP is. I live in a small town to the east of King Of Prussia. I can't wait until I get to see a Phillies game this summer in Citizens Bank Park preferably with my dad, older brother, younger sister, and my baby brother in tow. Hopefully, too, we'll maybe make a decent showing although I seriously doubt we will. I am trying to take care of myself and hopefully, I can get an appointment to get a better test done than the one I had done at school where I pegged a positive for covid. I am taking the vitamins you listed already...so I should be good to go on the med front unless my doctor decides to give me hydroxychloroquine. I would have loved to have been back on the diamond, yesterday. :LOL:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I wanted to update last night and got really tired.

I got a text last night from my parents saying I didn't need to drive home sick and they were coming to get me. So around, I'd say 9, they arrived on campus, my sister grabbed my bags, and I walked out with her and mom to the car to go home. My sister rode with my dad while my mom drove my car so I could drive back to campus once I was back to being negative. I complained about being hot so mom made me take my temperature and I was running 99.5. I started getting chills. I was just so stinkin' tired.

I woke up this morning, and my body feels like someone kept hitting me with a softball bat all night. I joked with my sister to see if she hadn't done it just to get back at me for something. My temp is still running around 99.5. Plus I'm just feeling really stuffed up. Plus once I clear it, it just fills right back up when I cough (TMI...gross).

I'll probably be in and out of it all day.

Jul 31, 2015
I wanted to update last night and got really tired.

I got a text last night from my parents saying I didn't need to drive home sick and they were coming to get me. So around, I'd say 9, they arrived on campus, my sister grabbed my bags, and I walked out with her and mom to the car to go home. My sister rode with my dad while my mom drove my car so I could drive back to campus once I was back to being negative. I complained about being hot so mom made me take my temperature and I was running 99.5. I started getting chills. I was just so stinkin' tired.

I woke up this morning, and my body feels like someone kept hitting me with a softball bat all night. I joked with my sister to see if she hadn't done it just to get back at me for something. My temp is still running around 99.5. Plus I'm just feeling really stuffed up. Plus once I clear it, it just fills right back up when I cough (TMI...gross).

I'll probably be in and out of it all day.

Sending love and healing to you and your family Gabby. So glad you have your mom, dad and sister with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802