Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
I didn’t watch much softball at all growing up even though my sister played so at first the cheers made my ears bleed. However after 7 years, and probably over 500 games, I don’t even notice them anymore..

But do you miss them if they aren't there?

Right/wrong/otherwise - I miss the cheers when they aren't there...

Jun 8, 2016

Miss? No. I would notice it though probably. I have sons who play baseball and there is no cheers so I get a mix
of both.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I didn’t watch much softball at all growing up even though my sister played so at first the cheers made my ears bleed. However after 7 years, and probably over 500 games, I don’t even notice them anymore..
It's tough to hear them from the hotel...

Jun 8, 2016
It's tough to hear them from the hotel...
Fair. I have spurts of watching and spurts of not watching depending on my anxiety level. I can usually tell beforehand if I am going to be able to handle a shitty swing or error gracefully. If I feel that I am going to act like a buffoon I stay away.

I have been watching more of late but I did bail on the games in St. Louis this past Sunday (we took two cars) to make the 8 hour drive back to watch the Celtics in game 7..that was a big mistake.

Last edited:
May 20, 2015

i was just going to post this......every once in awhile, our HS team pulls out an old 10u cheer.......I do miss them a little

Dec 15, 2018
CT
i was just going to post this......every once in awhile, our HS team pulls out an old 10u cheer.......I do miss them a little

Our HS girls had a charity game vs the HS baseball guys. We had 10U girls in our dugout, and they busted out some cheers leading our girls in them. They were all having a blast with it....for that one day only.

Jun 8, 2016
Our HS girls had a charity game vs the HS baseball guys. We had 10U girls in our dugout, and they busted out some cheers leading our girls in them. They were all having a blast with it....for that one day only.
Even though I said it made my ears bleed it was more about me not being used to it. The cheering, even on the occasion that I do notice it, doesn't bother really bother me as in I get mad about it or anything. I am just glad that even with a father like me, my kid still seems to really enjoy playing the game. Her team has a bunch of silly rituals they do before the game, after outs etc and the girls really seem to have fun with it. As somebody who lost that somewhere along the way myself, the longer you can keep that the better..
So I guess the point is I wouldn't miss the sillyness but I would definitely miss seeing the girls have fun with it..if that makes sense. I am a complicated guy... :cautious:

My son and his teammates have fun out there in different ways..but you can still see they are having fun. As anybody who is married can attest to, men and women are wired differently :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I was thinking of something more like this:

Going to need more than a choir director to get my kid to sing like that. That said choir was one of her classes this Spring and in her end of year concert she sang a solo. I told her kudos to you..no way I would have ever said yes to that :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13