Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
Curious if this college trend has made it to the travel ball players yet? I don’t mind the girls playing with passion. But when they all do the same body gesture (ex arms locked out and angled back) and yelling “let’s go!” It’s just fake after awhile. Especially when all players do it. Nobody does anything unique.

I think OU started this.

May 27, 2013
I’d much rather see that than what I had to endure during HS baseball the past few years. Teams chirping very negative and sometimes personal insults to opposing teams. Never a place for that but seems to be a common theme around my neck of the woods.

May 13, 2023
Curious if this college trend has made it to the travel ball players yet? I don’t mind the girls playing with passion. But when they all do the same body gesture (ex arms locked out and angled back) and yelling “let’s go!”
Trends are part of history.
Cheering and enthusiasm are part of softball.
(As well other sports and activities.)

Myself, don't see fake.
Do See Team Participation/ Camaraderie!

Last edited:
May 12, 2014
Not sure but I do know there seems be a trend on here of grown men complaining about 19-24 YO young women having fun playing a game.
I don’t mind them having fun. It’s a game. It’s just something I noticed. My daughter’s old travel coach played at Oregon. She noticed the same thing. She told her girls to celebrate every play like it’s their last. But do it in their own way. Don’t yell let’s go every time

May 12, 2014
Trends are part of history.
Cheering and enthusiasm are part of softball.
(As well other sports and activities.)

Myself, don't see fake.
Do See Team Participation/ Camaraderie!
True. I’d just like to see something unique from time to time. I think part of it is that for so long girls didn’t show emotions in their sports. So now that they are they’re not quite sure how to do it. So they just repeat what they see. The locking out of the arms isn’t a natural reaction. That’s how I know

May 12, 2014
I’d much rather see that than what I had to endure during HS baseball the past few years. Teams chirping very negative and sometimes personal insults to opposing teams. Never a place for that but seems to be a common theme around my neck of the woods.
That sucks. I’m sorry you’re having to go through that. It’s just a game

May 13, 2023
True. I’d just like to see something unique from time to time. I think part of it is that for so long girls didn’t show emotions in their sports. So now that they are they’re not quite sure how to do it. So they just repeat what they see. The locking out of the arms isn’t a natural reaction. That’s how I know
Over the years have seen a lot of things in sb that started unique, became trend and then faded. Now new things became unique, became trend and will probably fade as well to the next expressions. 🤷‍♀️

...High fives, became fist Bumps...

LOL I still use thumbs up 👍🥳

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802