Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Might be a bit repetitive and even excessive at times (MLB as well), but I don't think it's fake.

Morales notwithstanding, a bit of enthusiasm rarely hurts anyone.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
It got so bad that both AD’s had to attend the games to keep their players and fans in check. Coaches didn’t even try to control their players. Had their fans show up to our field (which they also do to every other team in the conference) and camp in the outfield just to make nasty comments to our players.

DD said this also happened to her college team while playing at another particular conference team’s field. She said the fans (mostly students) would make fun of the players on her team, body shaming, etc. Truly classless from such a highly regarded school.
Had similar experience(s) with another team in DD's conference. A game (not ours) was delayed during the conference tourney when due to fan behavior towards players on the field (primarily OF). Low class and flat our poor sportsmanship, appeared to be driven by that particular coach.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I feel it's a bit much, at times, but I am old school. What I can't stand are the Oklahoma batters who throw the bat down when the walk and then celebrate as if they just a game winning home run. That's a bit excessive to me.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I feel it's a bit much, at times, but I am old school. What I can't stand are the Oklahoma batters who throw the bat down when the walk and then celebrate as if they just a game winning home run. That's a bit excessive to me.
I agree and it's pretty easy to do when the scoreboard is usually heavily in your favor with little chance of coming back to bite you.

We know what would happen to the next batter in baseball.

Jun 8, 2016
I still think teams should hire choir directors so their cheers can be more melodious and pleasing to the ear.
I didn’t watch much softball at all growing up even though my sister played so at first the cheers made my ears bleed. However after 7 years, and probably over 500 games, I don’t even notice them anymore..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802