Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
That sucks. I’m sorry you’re having to go through that. It’s just a game

It got so bad that both AD’s had to attend the games to keep their players and fans in check. Coaches didn’t even try to control their players. Had their fans show up to our field (which they also do to every other team in the conference) and camp in the outfield just to make nasty comments to our players.

DD said this also happened to her college team while playing at another particular conference team’s field. She said the fans (mostly students) would make fun of the players on her team, body shaming, etc. Truly classless from such a highly regarded school.

Jul 27, 2021
There must be people really unhappy with MLB. The hit celebrations of hand jesters and home run hats & carts.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Curious if this college trend has made it to the travel ball players yet? I don’t mind the girls playing with passion. But when they all do the same body gesture (ex arms locked out and angled back) and yelling “let’s go!” It’s just fake after awhile. Especially when all players do it. Nobody does anything unique.

I think OU started this.
Yes I long for the day where the players released their energy and team spirit in spontaneous ways. Like singing and chanting a spontaneous song that all of them made up on the spot. Just inspiring how every girl made up the exact same words and same pacing and arrangement as each other.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee