Facebook post re EC Bullets / Schnute

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
So let’s just say theoretically she has an offer to play for a school and the money being offered would cover a good amount of her education. Should she not take the opportunity to further her education at low cost if she has family at home willing to watch after the baby? Or maybe if the school was local to her where she could attend and still live at home? A JUCO school, maybe?
She is the BA leader on an18u National team.
I would like to think she should have signed already with a college.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Jun 27, 2021
I was thinking the same. Going into spring of Sr she should have signed. Unless she made the team in the fall and was relying on that for her recruitment. Also, how many college coaches would happily recruit her? Tough spot for all. Here's this story from U of H.

https://thedailycougar.com/2022/04/05/becca-schulte-uh-softball-supermom/
She’s played for the organization for a long time. Mainly for her dad who coached a EC team. But agree, on one of the best teams and she’s not signed needs to be considered at this point. That may be the reason for the messages tone underneath.

May 27, 2013
Yeah I wasn’t questioning that it happens because like I said you do hear about it from time to time. I was just curious about the circumstances that could make it possible. Consider me educated 😁

Clarified my post above re: menstruating while pregnant.

Oct 4, 2018
This is what I hate about social media. This coach is going to get dragged before he even knows what's going on.
His options will be to take the high road and continue to be the bad guy, or drag the girl/family through the mud and be the bad guy.
I have no idea what his reasons are. Maybe he replaced her already, maybe she's lost a step, or maybe he has no reason.

I do agree that it sucks and social media sucks.

Of course he needs to say nothing, let it blow over. Perhaps someone else will defend him. He will only make it worse by replying. Crappy position for him to be in, of course. But that comes with the coaching job, unfortunately. Parents are going to spout off...

Aug 5, 2022
What fishy allegations?

1- Not knowing you are 9 months pregnant and about to have a child. Is this possible? Yes but a very fishy allegation, and very rare circumstance.
2- "I am not going to go into everything that was said"

In addition, this seems like quite the burden to put onto the parents of this softball player. Who is going to raise the child if the mother is gone every weekend playing softball? Who will raise the child while the kid is attending school. Who will raise the child when she is at private lessons or team practice?

Sorry but when you have a child your first job should be to raise the baby, not be a travel softball player. There is not enough time in a week to raise a baby, go to college, play a collegiate sport. You have to give something up for the sake of the baby.

Who is supposed to pay for all of this? Seems to me like some priorities need to be changed in this situation and the way people think.

I am sure this post will aggravate some people but it is time for this young lady to grow up and take care of her child.

Sorry but that’s not your role. If this young lady’s parents are willing to help her and support her with this child through these years then who are you to decide she has to give something up and in theory there’s a father here. Maybe he should take this baby when mom has to travel. She didn’t get pregnant alone. I think it’s admirable that she has a family that will continue to support her dreams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13