Facebook post re EC Bullets / Schnute

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2013
Not sure if anyone else saw this. I know how I feel - I am in total agreement with KT. I'm glad this is being brought to light so people can make better decisions on where they want their kids playing and for what kind of people.

EC Bullets.JPG

Aug 6, 2013
I just read it.

I almost posted something along the lines of: "What a missed opportunity to show that you support women and mothers in their complex journeys through life" or some such. Still might.
I agree. This is about the chance to really show how much you support the girls you have been coaching as they are turning into women & mothers. It's truly sad to read this honestly.

May 13, 2021
Would this have been handled the same way if it was a baseball player? I really don’t know why it would matter as long as she is doing what is expected of her softball wise.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
My guess is there is more to the story than the one side we are hearing in this Facebook post. I don't have any inside info on this specific story but there is a saying "don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see" that saying probably applies to this topic.

There is a lot of fishy/suspect allegations going on in that post.

Aug 6, 2013
My guess is there is more to the story than the one side we are hearing in this Facebook post. I don't have any inside info on this specific story but there is a saying "don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see" that saying probably applies to this topic.

What fishy allegations? She said he said she wasn't welcome back to the team. She gave her opinion why she thought that he felt that way. She had a baby and her doctors released her to play - if she was good enough to play on the team before having a baby and she is now released why not welcome her back on the team?

Aug 6, 2013
Not to take away from the issue(s) at hand, and I hear stories about this happening all the time, but how do you not know you are pregnant?
Well now if you hear stories about it then you know it happens. Regardless everyone only has the word of the player that she didn't know. I'm guessing she wasn't showing because that's kind of a dead giveaway for everyone. So if people couldn't tell who knows. Honestly though - there are people who workout until the day they give birth. Again, if she was playing the game at a high skill level who really cares either?

Oct 4, 2018

True, but what could/would that story even be. Player was on the team, had kid, isn't allowed back. It would take something pretty insane for me to not take the woman/player's side on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi