Wording for a plaque

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2019
Old field had an infield like talcum powder and outfield like a swamp.
photo of new field was taken before the grass was all in and before the scoreboard arrived in CF

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
First off, I’m very sorry for your loss, can’t imagine, I’m sure every dad here feels the same way!

I obviously don’t know you, or your DD and wife, so I honestly am no help with what should be written on her plaque. Although I will say those words had to have meant something special to her!

I’m just happy for you and your wife they decided to honor your daughter by naming the field after her, obviously a huge testament to what a special young lady she was!

Hope her memory lives on forever!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Welcome back. I remember you sharing her story when she passed, and thoughts of her story came back to me a few times over the years. It makes my heart smile to see that her memory will live on. The message is nice and hopefully will resonate with others that need to hear it when they need to hear it. I would prefer to see it displayed somewhere on the outside of the field or walkway to the field so everyone can see it.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
First off, I’m very sorry for your loss, can’t imagine, I’m sure every dad here feels the same way!

I obviously don’t know you, or your DD and wife, so I honestly am no help with what should be written on her plaque. Although I will say those words had to meant something special to her!

I’m just happy for you and your wife they decided to honor your daughter by naming the field after her, obviously a huge testament to what a special young lady she was!

Hope her memory lives on forever!
Megobee - I have to echo what AD said here, he put it beautifully.

That quote - “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” is excellent and sounds like something from Seneca or Marcus Aurelius. Great words of wisdom that she obviously wanted to share.

Oct 14, 2020
Megobee - I have to echo what AD said here, he put it beautifully.

That quote - “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” is excellent and sounds like something from Seneca or Marcus Aurelius. Great words of wisdom that she obviously wanted to share.

That quote is powerful. My suggestion FWIW it to have that quote, and your daughter's name and years she played there, and leave it simple and understated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles