Everyone's a Critic: Not Even Lauren Chamberlain's Safe

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
The thing with LC's swing is it's just bad. Not sure how she ever got to OU. She won't be any good in the stocked NPF and if I was running a 23U team she wouldn't make it. I don't need a 91 trick pony on my team LOL.

Jun 18, 2013
The thing with LC's swing is it's just bad. Not sure how she ever got to OU. She won't be any good in the stocked NPF and if I was running a 23U team she wouldn't make it. I don't need a 91 trick pony on my team LOL.

She clearly has a decent foundation to start on. I think if I could get a hold of her and break her down to get rid of some bad habits and then build her back up I could make a productive contact hitter out of her.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I have a preferred meathod I like when skinning a cat..... I'm sure there are many ways to get it done. They may not be like mine, but done nuntheless.
I pretty sure the majority of DFP posters will say BS in fun regarding LC's swing, but not one of them will say they don't want the same success for his/her daughter.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I have a preferred meathod I like when skinning a cat..... I'm sure there are many ways to get it done. They may not be like mine, but done nuntheless.
I pretty sure the majority of DFP posters will say BS in fun regarding LC's swing, but not one of them will say they don't want the same success for his/her daughter.

Not at the expense of her mechanics lol

May 13, 2015
Not at the expense of her mechanics lol

It's absolutely true that LC has had phenomenal success at a very high level. This conversation made me wonder, though, at what level "don't fix it if it isn't broken" is correct, where "broken" is defined by (lack of) success at a particular level? There are several cases where a player was good or even great at a lower level, but mechanical flaws are exposed at a higher level. One case that epitomizes this, is a college pitcher I know of, who was a total stud in HS and elite TB, throws with good movement and decent velocity, but has some mechanical flaws that prevent her from hitting her spots with pinpoint precision every time. Whether that little inconsistency was masked by larger strike zones or relatively poorer hitters or a combination, she is getting punished with both HRs and walks in the conferences she's pitched for in college. If these issues would have been fixed earlier, it would've been a lot easier than it is now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24