High school stats question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
She is going to college camps of the schools she's interested in to get to show her stuff to the coaches personally, but where does one get their stats for the profile sheet if not GC? Coaches keep a book but so far she hasn't been on a team where the coach distributes the numbers after the season - except HS and he only kept/distributed offensive stats. She's on a new, better team this year focused on recruiting, so maybe after the season this summer we'll get the coach's stats.
If it is that important to you keep your own stats.

Jun 8, 2016
I should say giving errors freely when something is not playable - like a really hard hit ground ball in a gap, etc.
Yeah I understood and unfortunately I am not surprised. I was just giving you a tough time about the example you chose to use 😀

Jun 8, 2016
If I was a college coach I wouldn’t even look at the stats. Show me game video of a kid fielding a couple GB (to the left,right,etc) tracking a fly ball and taking a swing..would be more valuable then stats.

Oct 26, 2019
Basic rules are still messed up. I’ve heard the bunt touched the plate, it’s foul from a coach who should have known better. I explained it
To him and he said. “Well I’m used to baseball rules.” Then he didn’t believe me when I said that rule is the same in both.
This one drives me nuts. The plate is in fair territory just like all the bases. If you want to see how little some players and parents know - ask them from what point on home to what point on first the 60 feet is measured. Then ask them the same question from first to second.

Kudos to any DFP’ers who know those answers without googling.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I should say giving errors freely when something is not playable - like a really hard hit ground ball in a gap, etc. But in any case the error should be assigned to the right player. He assigned 5-6 errors on my DD for poor throws to 1st the first year, the next year the same nonsense and I complained to him. He found the right (and other) players to assign his many, many errors on after that.

I think I posted this before, but a school we play used to have a coach that was a real big cheater in a lot of ways. One way was adding a scrimmage to MaxPreps and acting like it was a real game (I deleted it because we didn't even have an umpire for the "game," and I didn't even keep a book).

But from a scoring standpoint, in the same game he gave his left fielder an error on a double to the gap and he gave his player a base hit on a 4-6 fielder's choice. It's possible he just doesn't know how scoring works, but with his history and reputation, I'm pretty sure it was all intentional.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
This one drives me nuts. The plate is in fair territory just like all the bases. If you want to see how little some players and parents know - ask them from what point on home to what point on first the 60 feet is measured. Then ask them the same question from first to second.

Kudos to any DFP’ers who know those answers without googling.

It's not just players and parents. I've had to fix bases other coaches have laid out. We've played on a field where the first base (the white base) anchor was directly on the foul line.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
As a few have pointed out, college coaches take HS stats with a grain of salt. A lot of teams keep pretty good numbers, others not so much. There was a team in my DD’s league her senior year that did not have a single hitter with a ROE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles