Easton Synge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I considered buying a synge, 30/18.5 for my 9yo, until she borrowed one. Vibration and hand sting WITH batting gloves. Then she tried a 2010 synergy clarity, 29/19. Yes the bats that everyone hates (haha) and she loved it! No sting or vibration with this bat unless you hit it off the handle. Has over 400 hits on hers and no sign of bat becoming illegal (white clouds showing on the surface). Oh yeah, you can buy two of these on ebay for less than the synge retails. In my DD's opinion, a great bat, especially for the money.

Oct 18, 2009
see that's gonna be a problem for my dd too. if the stealth is end loaded? so how's the cf4? do you feel that's more balanced? my problem is.. she loves the longer bats, but then i have to worry about the weight? her old bat was perfect, but it was old and "they don't make'm anymore.

dd likes the cf4. her prior bat this spring/fall was the bustos in a 31/18. it performed well, but it was getting a little "dead" and she wanted something with potential for a little more pop. she initially wanted the stealth because she thought "it was pretty". swinging the 32 stealth felt heavy for her (no 31 to demo). the 32 cf4 on the other hand felt just right. i thought a 32/22 would be too heavy/long for her but she liked the balance of the cf4. we were initially looking to get a 31/21 but after swinging the 32 cf4 she knew it was the bat for her. i think it was probably better balanced for her making it feel lighter than the stealth. the salesguy also mentioned the stealth would feel a little more end loaded and might generate a little more power than the cf4 if you had the power and swing for it. he said the stealth was more equivalent to the end-loaded yellow cf4 insane bat.

she used the cf4 in a game yesterday and IMO she hit the ball harder than she ever did with the bustos. the ball comes off the bat a lot faster with the cf4 than her bustos bat. the bustos did serve her well though for when she first started using it. it was light and nice to swing. i really think she sort of "graduated" into the cf4 because i don't think she could have handled it at the beginning of the spring. there was probably a point during the season where she could have switched from the bustos ($100 range) to the synge or vendetta ($200 range) and seen improvement as well.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
dd likes the cf4. her prior bat this spring/fall was the bustos in a 31/18. it performed well, but it was getting a little "dead" and she wanted something with potential for a little more pop. she initially wanted the stealth because she thought "it was pretty". swinging the 32 stealth felt heavy for her (no 31 to demo). the 32 cf4 on the other hand felt just right. i thought a 32/22 would be too heavy/long for her but she liked the balance of the cf4. we were initially looking to get a 31/21 but after swinging the 32 cf4 she knew it was the bat for her. i think it was probably better balanced for her making it feel lighter than the stealth. the salesguy also mentioned the stealth would feel a little more end loaded and might generate a little more power than the cf4 if you had the power and swing for it. he said the stealth was more equivalent to the end-loaded yellow cf4 insane bat.

she used the cf4 in a game yesterday and IMO she hit the ball harder than she ever did with the bustos. the ball comes off the bat a lot faster with the cf4 than her bustos bat. the bustos did serve her well though for when she first started using it. it was light and nice to swing. i really think she sort of "graduated" into the cf4 because i don't think she could have handled it at the beginning of the spring. there was probably a point during the season where she could have switched from the bustos ($100 range) to the synge or vendetta ($200 range) and seen improvement as well.

ok, now you mentioned that the yellow insane cf4 feels end loaded? so which one is the balanced one? is the cf4 a two piece bat? my dd is strong, but also young.but if it's down the middle or on the outside corner it's gone.so she love's the longer bats but they have to be balanced so she can get the bat around. if it's end loaded it just looks like a heavy bat or i have to buy a bat that to short and everything goes off the end of the bat.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2009
ok, now you mentioned that the yellow insane cf4 feels end loaded? so which one is the balanced one? is the cf4 a two piece bat? my dd is strong, but also young.but if it's down the middle or on the outside corner it's gone.so she love's the longer bats but they have to be balanced so she can get the bat around. if it's end loaded it just looks like a heavy bat or i have to buy a bat that to short and everything goes off the end of the bat.

The CF4 is a two piece bat.

For 2011 there are 2 versions of the -10 bat.

2011 CF4 ST (balanced; mostly black/silver graphics)
2011 CF4 ST Insane (end-loaded/ mostly yellow graphics)

Sounds like you might want to have your DD try the black/silver model.

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
My DD has been using $50 aluminum bats in coach pitch, she has batting gloves but she rarely uses them. She is also being taught to switch hit, slap, and bunt.. so do you think the vibration will be any worse than the bats she has been using? I'm still not totally sure on the size I should get her either. SoCalSoftballdad, how old is your DD if you don't mind me asking since she is using a 30/18.5? My DD swung the 30/18.5 in the store and said it felt really light, I think I am going to go by the store after she gets out of school tomorrow to see if they have the 31/19.5 back in stock. I just don't want to buy a bat that she's going to use for 2-3 months and then need a new one :)

My DD is 8 YO. She has not complained about vibration and stinging with the Synge but she does use batting gloves everytime she swings it. I have also used it to hit hard grounders to the players and I have not noticed any issues, it still has the sweet "crack" sound that composites make when hit. One of the players even called it the "magic bat" during a recent practice.

Oct 31, 2010
My DD is 8 YO. She has not complained about vibration and stinging with the Synge but she does use batting gloves everytime she swings it. I have also used it to hit hard grounders to the players and I have not noticed any issues, it still has the sweet "crack" sound that composites make when hit. One of the players even called it the "magic bat" during a recent practice.

Thanks, I'm still pretty sold on this bat for her. My DD will be 10 in Jan, she's tall but built like a toothpick so I'm still not sure exactly what size to get her. Maybe the store will have the 31/19.5 back in so she can see how it feels. After all she has to be comfortable with it, not me :)

Oct 31, 2010
So we went shopping after school today, she says the 30/18.5 feels too light and the 31/19.5 feels heavy (my guess is it's more the length that felt off). She picks up the TPS Triton 30/20 and says she likes that...anyone have any experience with it? Good, bad, indifferent? I've read that they tend to break easily but on the plus side some said that theirs was replaced with a Xeno lol!

Feb 9, 2009
My DD has the Synge 31/19.5. She loves how it feels. even though it might be a tad to long for her. (nothing that a little choking up can't cure) But I bought one that she would be able to use for the next several years, not just this season. She is 10, 4'8" and weighs 75 lbs. Everyone wants to borrow it...

Oct 31, 2010
Thank you Stephanie, I just don't have a good feeling about the Triton like I do with the Synge. I think I may just go ahead and get the 31/19.5 :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
01mom, You are looking at 2 entirely different bats. The Triton is an OK, entry level bat, worth about $80.00. A 30 inch bat will probably fit her for the next 6 months. So, the Triton would be OK.

I am working with a young 11 YO, that is normal height and weight and she is swinging her sister's 31, 22 ounce Plasma. She is swinging it well, so I am either looking for that same sort of bat or maybe, a 31, 21. This young lady also likes the Synge, but she is a good hitter and I told her the Synge is too light for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad