Easton Synge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Before we bought our first composite bat I read about them and read somewhere that they need 100's of hits to break in. So we did that on a T, but now thinking back we may have exhausted the amount of hits in it's life. It was a Louisville TPS Jessica Mendoza. This one and quite a nice price:

Amazon.com: Louisville Slugger TPS Mendoza FP86M (-11) Fastpitch Softball Bat: Sports & Outdoors

My DD tried the Synge this fall from one of the girl's that had 3 THREE nice composite bats--two CF4s and the Synge. Liked it immediately.

For an inexpensive bat, I highly recommend the Mendoza bat. It's -11 and has some really good pop once it's broken in. It doesn't quite compare to my DD's CF4 but, for the difference in price, it has really good performance. My DD uses the CF4 for games and practices where a live ball is used and uses her Mendoza for cold weather games and hitting off of the pitching machine. At the price for a new Mendoza, it can easily be replaced if broken. However, it has lasted her three years of high school, summer, and fall ball combined and only seems to be getting hotter. Both are 32". The CF4 is a -10 and the Mendoza is a '11. However, my DD feels the CF4 feels a tad lighter.

In an indoor practice last night, another girl on my DD's high school team used my DD's Mendoza instead of her Easton (I don't know the model but it is a hybrid design) and was hitting the ball harder than I've ever seen her hit.

Jun 21, 2010
Well, a dad I know bought his DD a Synge. Same length and drop. She was sporting her bat at practice lastnight. Time to write a name on ours.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
Well, a dad I know bought his DD a Synge. Same length and drop. She was sporting her bat at practice lastnight. Time to write a name on ours.

My DD has her name or initials on every peice of equipment she has. She's getting better, but I still need to confirm she has everything in her bag before we leave the parking lot. It's not uncommon for her to have to run back to find something she forgot.

The indoor training this past Sunday went very well. The team did coach pitch, machine pitch, and catching/throwing. The facility temperature was only 57 F, so the Synge stayed in the bag. After almost 3 months off, DD got back up to speed pretty quickly.

Jul 26, 2010
What changes were made from the clarity to the synge?

Well, when easton made their clarity line, the focus was on the visual appearance change that occurs when the bat is altered. Easton thought that would be a big selling point. Unfortunately, the material change required to do this also cost the bat some pop and added to the "sting" felt when the ball is hit off the end.

The changes from the clarity to the synge were Easton just going back to what they used before the clarity, which is the same construction used in their 1 piece synergy line.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00