May be time for bat change - Easton FP13S3 FS3 wearing out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2013
At least I assume that's what is happening. Maybe you experts can help me more. I am a complete idiot when it comes to bats and their technology. My DS was using an Easton Bb13S2 S2 for his last season of baseball and absolutely loved it so we got my DD the comparable softball bat because she wanted to be like big brother. I didn't realize until just now that it was almost 2 years ago. DD has been complaining recently that when she hits it solid it hurts and feels like she is hitting it right off the top of her hands. She is barreling it up, so I figure that the bat is wearing out and that is causing some vibration issues. I guess that means I am in the market for a new bat.

She is 11. We are heading into All Star tournaments for her 10U league in 2 weeks that should last anywhere from 3-6 weeks depending on how we play and then will be finding a fall 12U travel ball team. She is 5'2" and around 115 lbs and we really need a bat that is geared more for a power hitter than a contact hitter. I am not brand loyal but I do think that I would prefer to get away from the dead feeling that the composite of the Easton she has always gave her.

Can you equipment gurus give me some pointers on what direction to look? I live in an area where I don't have anywhere to really test swing or demo anything ahead of time so we have to go by word of mouth for the most part. Her Easton is 31/19.5. I think she could go a little heavier with no issues.

May 6, 2012
Texas
You can always buy the 2014 version but thats where the power brigade ends for fastpitch. The price is around $150 for these bats. The black and yellow which I love and could not get enough of for some reason is done. Now if you really like the Eastons the Mako is still standing tall against the newer bats and producing current bats.

Jun 18, 2013
Dead feeling Easton has Always given her???

She just recently complained of this and now the feeling always gave her?

Bad phrasing on my part. The bat wasn't dead. She never really liked the feel of the composite. To be honest, it could be something as simple as the "clunk" sound instead of the "ping" sound of other bats. I don't know. She just never really got the visceral satisfaction from big hits with the composite.

Aug 28, 2013
Quando, don't be turned off by composites from that experience man, at that weight I can see why she hates the feel. Get her a Xeno like LAS said or an LXT and she will be in heaven. Or you can really go all out and get her the finest bat ever made, the 2Legit! Sorry, couldn't resist, big fan lol :D

P.S. Whatever you get, hit Coresoftball up, you'll save yourself lots of $$$$$

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Bad phrasing on my part. The bat wasn't dead. She never really liked the feel of the composite. To be honest, it could be something as simple as the "clunk" sound instead of the "ping" sound of other bats. I don't know. She just never really got the visceral satisfaction from big hits with the composite.

Ok, just making sure. I got a little up in arms when it went from recent to always...haha.

In all honesty, if you give up composite, you're giving up the best performing bats out there. There are def diff sounding/feeling bats out there. I have heard people say the exact same thing about the LS bats...that they hate the "ping" sound of them and wont use them...haha. Luckily there are MANY bats to pick from :)

Just remember, Eastons for the most part take a little time to get going

Jun 18, 2013
This is why buying bats is so much fun. So far I have 4 different bats to pick from but no real reasons why. :p

Her older cousin swings a 2Legit and she has watched her play HS ball and mentioned that she likes the look of her bat. I'm not terribly concerned with the color scheme, but if it comes down to making a decision between very similar products then I will go with one that she thinks looks best just to make sure she is happy with it. I know the Xenos have gotten good reviews from folks on here. I am really just looking for a good bat with some pop to help keep building her confidence.

Last edited:
I am really just looking for a good bat with some pop to help keep building her confidence.
When someone with a girl her age asks me which bat I'd recommend, I always have one answer: LXT

Yeah, it's a bit more expensive. But it has the absolute smoothest ride out there .... no bat stings hands less than the LXT ... and is extremely well-balanced, which I think is ideal for young hitters. It swings light because of this balance but it isn't light, as a -10 will pretty much be spot-on weight-wise. It is never a bad place to start if you're looking for a new bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles