non-CF -11 bat recommendations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Drop 10 is the lightest you need to go with a player this big.

Drop 9 is the preferred bat for power hitters.

33" is plenty long for top level softball.

Always hedge your bets and give your DD 2 bats to choose from.
^^^^^^ This. ^^^^^^

Get 'em to a 32" drop -10 as soon as you can. You can always go up from there but you have plate coverage handled and know that any decent bat should provide all the power she can generate.

If the Easton seems too much, get a lighter-swinging 32/22.

I have a team of all 11-year-olds and 10 of 12 swing a 32" bat. Most of them are not as big as your girl though a few are bigger. These girls knock the snot out of the ball, too, and face ASA Class A 12U pitching every weekend.

Mar 29, 2012
if she doesn't like the demarini it might be because of the light balanced feel. the Easton's tend to have heavier loaded feel and run over sticker weight.

Have her try a -12 miken like a freak lite or the -11 legit.

Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.
DD swings an Easton Mako 32 -10. Has a CF6 and won't touch it. She will go back to her 3 yr old Easton Stealth (when in a slump). I don't know what it is with that Demarrini. She doesn't like it.

DD swings an Easton Mako 32 -10. Has a CF6 and won't touch it. She will go back to her 3 yr old Easton Stealth (when in a slump). I don't know what it is with that Demarrini. She doesn't like it.
Because she likes the feel of an Easton.

No two bats in the same size that are designed for the same thing could possibly be more different-feeling than Eastons and DeMarinis. They are like night and day. I've coached mostly 12U & 14U for about a dozen years and I have only seen one girl who regularly carries and Easton and a DeMarini (and uses both religiously) in her backpack. And that wasn't until Easton came out with the lighter-feeling FS series ... I've never seen it with older Eastons.

Believe it or not, the reverse is almost universally true. Girls who like DeMarinis usually won't touch Eastons, either.

Nov 23, 2012
CF is by far the best drop -11 have her try one in a few games and she'll change her mind.
Next best may just be the Worth Legit.

Stay away from the vendetta.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414