Bat help.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I do have her work the -10 CF6 at practice, my way too much time reading about bats has lead me to the conclusion that the CF6 -10 just weren't the best bats Demarinis ever put out- and I know she's too strong and too good of a hitter to play with that -11 anymore, mix that in with increased speed she's meeting at 12u A I feel like a busted bat is in her future. I hadn't read the shoulder measurement- that makes so much more sense then some of the other tips I've heard. I will use the CF6 to help her continue to get used to the length and weight, been working on it for a while, but you know how kids are with their bats, especially when they've hit a couple dingers with those bats(on 175 fields at 10u, but still��)

CF6 is a solid bat all around. Louisville slugger IMO has the best bats going and my DD agrees. Things I noticed when moving my DD up in bat size from a 32-20 to a 32-22 and now 33-23 (she's 5'6'' and 130 for size comparison). First thing she said about the LXT was she loved the 32-22 and it didn't feel any heavier than the 32-20. I really noticed no difference in her swing and the season went great. She got a little taller and much stronger so we bump to a 33-23. This is what I noticed. The bat wasn't too heavy or too long but the extra ounce and inch caused a bit more resistance due to the increased size and weight. Took about a month and it's a non issue. What do my ramblings mean???? Try a teammates heavier and longer bat on the T, Front Toss, Soft Toss, Machine and live if possible to see if she likes it.

My opinion on bat buying, don't wait until Xmas. Buy it right after the last fall tournament and say it's an early xmas gift. I want my DD swinging a bigger heavier bat longer than just Jan, Feb and Mar. I want the November and December swings to count also. That's always been my policy when moving up in length or weight.

May 13, 2015
Pretty close. Extra length does give the feeling of added weight. That being said jumping up 2oz and an inch is a lot in one move.

I think he was also taking into account going from a -11 a CF6 which weighs close to sticker to a -10 Xeno which likely weighs more than sticker.

The 31" bat needs to be retired ..... now. It is too small for her.

Get her a 32/22 of whatever flavor she prefers and have her start using it ..... now. It will not be too big for her but it may take her a little while to adjust to it and you don't want the adjustment period to occur any later than it has to.

The nice thing about that -10 CF6 you have is that she can feel free to beat it up with dimpled balls and off the tee because she isn't emotionally invested in it. That's fine, too, because -10 CF6s suck and all it's good for is beating on and abusing until it breaks, which is hopefully sometime before the warranty runs out so you can get something different.

Oh .... do yourself a big favor. Either sell off the 31" bat or give it to someone who is not on her team and do it today. Just get it out of her bag and away from her sight. She doesn't need it anymore and keeping it around will slow her development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad